Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Create and Discover New Worlds
Maps, Scenarios, Interface, and so much more. Explore the modding world of Civ V, and when you’re ready, download the SDK to create and upload your own.
Mono Lisa Feb 21, 2017 @ 6:30pm
Mod Idea (The West)
I know it's a very broad encompassing concept, but the idea is a civilization that specializes in diplomatic abilities (manipulation), science and wealth. I wish I could make this mod myself but I don't have the know how - but I think it would be important to be careful that this civilization would remain functional without being OP or have a UA that has too many awkward conditions. The idea is to be stereotypical of what Illuminati is.

The leader of 'The West' would be someone renowned historically to be part of the Illuminati; say, someone from the Rothschild family, with a UA along the lines of... extra influence with gold gifts to City States, which can be combined with the City State civic bonuses. The West could also benefit from a +1 gold for every strategic and bonus resource tile.

The unique unit could be a great scientist that gives double the science in an insta-boost or academy. You would also get these great scientists 30% faster.

The unique building could be a reformed bank where it provides double the gold bonuses while also giving an influence boost from gold gifts that can be stacked up to 5 times (five banks max that provide this, banks built after are vanilla banks).

The cities could be capitals of Western Europe and North America, with emphasis on Austrian/German heritage.

Thoughts? I know it sounds OP but it's just an idea. It's meant to resemble its diplomatic influence, upperhand in manipulation with wealth throughout history and the fact that Western society has become more technologically advanced than the rest of the world (typically). Like I said, it's supposed to be a fun, fantasy-stereotypical mod.
Last edited by Mono Lisa; Feb 21, 2017 @ 6:37pm
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2017 @ 6:30pm