Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
DrCarlosSpicyWeiner Nov 25, 2012 @ 11:33am
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
i think these gamees should be made for pc lke prince of persia was.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
C0untzer0 Nov 25, 2012 @ 12:51pm 
Great, why don't you get right on that?
ukkosfaith Nov 25, 2012 @ 7:21pm 
First, I think that Final Fantasy VII would need to come to Steam. Final Fantasy VII is already a PC game. A Windows 7 PC game, in fact, as of recently. Yet sadly they have no moved the game over to Steam.

If other PC games by Square Enix did well enough on the PC, they might consider it. I can only assume that we would get Final Fantasy VIII far earlier than any of the Kingdom Hearts games.

I suggest telling the folks over at Square Enix, that they need to put Final Fantasy VII on Steam.
Mister Four Nov 25, 2012 @ 9:10pm 
I think Final Fantasy VIII also has a PC port. It just has not been converted to a more current output.

The other problem is that not only SquareEnix needs to release more of their FF series to Steam, but Disney also has to be on board with Steam(which I don't think there are any Disney games.)

I guess I am just a little confused how Prince of Persia relates to Kingdom Hearts...
ukkosfaith Nov 25, 2012 @ 9:48pm 
Originally posted by MisterFour:
I think Final Fantasy VIII also has a PC port. It just has not been converted to a more current output.
Yes. What I meant by that was Steam, not Windows/PC. In case that was directed at me.

That's why I said I figured Final Fantasy VIII would probably come over long before any Kingdom Hearts games. Because it is already in the correct format. To bring Kingdom Hearts over, they would need to either develop a superb emulator, or, rework the entire game for x86 Windows software. Which would cost money, especially the latter option.

Which would only be worth it to Square Enix is if they could be sure of profit. And to be sure of that, I would think that the Final Fantasy games already on the PC would need to do better. I'm thinking Final Fantasy VII on Steam would do a lot for that. Also, it would just be convenient for those of us who use Steam to be able to purchase it here.

We really need more people out there to tell Square Enix to put the game on Steam. It just isn't going to sell nearly well enough when just limited to the Square Enix store. A service that almost no one uses currently.

Originally posted by MisterFour:
but Disney also has to be on board with Steam(which I don't think there are any Disney games.)
I have heard that Epic Mickey 2 will be on Steam. I'm personally waiting for this release myself to get the game.
Last edited by ukkosfaith; Nov 25, 2012 @ 10:03pm
Mister Four Nov 25, 2012 @ 10:01pm 
I did not really care for Epic Mickey 2 but, I am glad that the game is getting exposure none the less.

I think that both of us are in argeement that in order for harder to sell games(such as Kingdom Hearts) to show up on a digital distribution site, the developers/publishers would need direct support from easier to sell games(such as FF7 and maybe FF8). We would have to see FF7 on Steam before we see Kingdom Hearts. It is too bad that the current PC port did not get a lot of attention/exposure.
Last edited by Mister Four; Nov 25, 2012 @ 10:10pm
ukkosfaith Nov 25, 2012 @ 10:20pm 
Yeah, I haven't tried it. But I haven't heard that Epic Mickey 2 was a disappointment. Not fixing some of the problems that plagued the last game and should have.

I do think it would be worth purchasing on a Steam sale, though.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 25, 2012 @ 11:33am