Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
tgs Nov 12, 2012 @ 5:53am
Metal Gear Solid PC
Runs on W7 and is awesome. I'd definitely pick it up for $10 or maybe a little more if it was available on Steam. I only ask that it support common PC resolutions. Konami, if you're listening ...please consider it. [PS: same for Silent Hill 1]
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Sera Nov 12, 2012 @ 11:15am 
Konami won't listen, you have to ask them yourself. Also, I'm all for MGS on Steam but I kinda doubt it will happen. Who knows...?
ukkosfaith Nov 17, 2012 @ 8:00am 
Metal Gear Solid is one of those nice cases where a Konami game reached the PC.

And thus would be very viable for Steam given that there is already a PC version. Thus saving a lot of development cost in updating it for Steam. It certainly is a classic and the only reason it hasn't sold a lot now or ever for the PC, is that nobody knew about it. Sons of Liberty is also available for the PC.

I definitely think some folks should ask Konami to do so. It would be very easy money for Konami and very easy fun for us. I don't think even a large petition would be required for such a thing unless Konami were very, very stubborn. Which wouldn't surprise me, but is still worth a try nonetheless.
professor dodge Sep 20, 2013 @ 3:32pm 
Need to get this out to the people!
Skoardy Sep 21, 2013 @ 4:29am 
So, all you "Something needs to be done" people - are you doing something? Are you contacting Konami?

Edit: Just noticed that 'professor dodge' pointlessly necro'd a thread from November last year. I guess no-one did contact Konami or that they weren't interested in bringing the game to Steam. Either way, it makes pd's response even more a waste of time.
Last edited by Skoardy; Sep 21, 2013 @ 4:31am
C0untzer0 Sep 21, 2013 @ 5:09am 
What would be funnier: Konnami saying "You want us to pay $100 to put MG:S in a popularity contest with this lot?" or the announcement that
"MG:S went to the number one spot in 36 hours of the Greenlight page going live"?
Last edited by C0untzer0; Sep 21, 2013 @ 5:10am
Skoardy Sep 21, 2013 @ 10:50am 
There does seem to be a lot less "Triple-A games from major league publishers wouldn't need to go through Greenlight, you clowns!" than there probably should be.
Gorlom[Swe] Sep 21, 2013 @ 10:56am 
Clowns? where? I got a weaponized pie ready for them!
plzhavmercy Sep 21, 2013 @ 9:25pm 
Originally posted by tgs:
Konami, if you're listening ...please consider it. [PS: same for Silent Hill 1]

I love that you included this. It's like Koname is Santa or Jesus. Wait.... are they? They did make Turtles in Time...
C0untzer0 Sep 22, 2013 @ 1:23am 
Originally posted by plzhavmercy:
I love that you included this. It's like Koname is Santa or Jesus. Wait.... are they? They did make Turtles in Time...
But Konami definitely exists...
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 12, 2012 @ 5:53am