Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
jontycampbell Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:18pm
Elite IV - At last, it is arriving...if we want it enough
High time we got our Geek on and gave this project the backing it deserves!
Could some kind moderator move this thread to the "Concepts" part? Is that more suitable?
Here's the concept:
(I don't work for these devs BTW)
http://elite.frontier.co.uk
Last edited by jontycampbell; Nov 11, 2012 @ 3:26pm
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
jontycampbell Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:20pm 
Here's the website, and no, I don't work for frontier, I'm a gamer who really wants this - and so do hundreds of thousands of others, so where are you all?

But if some moderator would be kind to move this thread to a more suitable forum that would be lovely?

http://elite.frontier.co.uk
Last edited by jontycampbell; Nov 11, 2012 @ 3:18pm
Erinduck Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:22pm 
We're on the Greenlight forums, which has nothing to do with this.
• ąя$€ • Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:24pm 
Awesome. Loved the game when I was a teenager (on my BBC Micro). The reboot is going to be fantastic. Already donated to it.
• ąя$€ • Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:25pm 
Would be great to get this onto greenlight anyway.
b1gdeano Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:25pm 
Greenlight or not, this is still an interesting proposition! Elite & Frontier are legendary games! Worth a look regardless of if it is on Greenlight or not!
Nats Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:29pm 
Here is the kickstarter site dedicated to the Elite: Dangerous game:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

I remember playing Frontier Elite 2 for years literally, this is such a major project because it is likely to be so different from games today. In the Elite games you live another life you arent playing a game. Welcome back the space sim genre to the PC you have been missing for too long. If you dont know what Elite is all about do some reasearch look at Youtube and most importantly pledge some money to the cause!!
jontycampbell Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:29pm 
Originally posted by Erinduck:
We're on the Greenlight forums, which has nothing to do with this.
Ah right, my apologies. I didn't realise that - well it will do if the devs can be persuaded to GL it, alas I can't, otherwise I'd willingly pay for it!

On the other hand this is a *general* discussion about greenlight.
Last edited by jontycampbell; Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:48pm
Zed Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:33pm 
I've been waiting so long for this. Can't wait until 2013 :)
jontycampbell Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:40pm 
Originally posted by Zed:
I've been waiting so long for this. Can't wait until 2013 :)
"Whose motorcycle is this?"
"It's not a motorcycle, it's a Chopper."
"Whose Chopper is this?"
"Zed's"
"Who's Zed?"
"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
Last edited by jontycampbell; Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:41pm
Nele Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:40pm 
I just dont get why so many ppl are backing this, since he doesnt really have any videos/pics of the game in development up? Concept art is easy to make (by skillful ppl), and as far as I can see, the 'videos' he does have are from the old game...
Surely a company like Frontier could put up some more alrdy than just a pitch? Espc if he's asking for over a million. So many indie game devs are able to put up more, and theyve got smaller teams.
Furthermore, Frontier failed to deliver an amazing looking game such as the Outsider, who says they'll be able to deliver this one? Also, aren't they more into mobile games now?
ffbooks Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:46pm 
Originally posted by nele_s:
I just dont get why so many ppl are backing this, since he doesnt really have any videos/pics of the game in development up? Concept art is easy to make (by skillful ppl), and as far as I can see, the 'videos' he does have are from the old game...

I think it's because when the devs have worked on this series in the past, the games that they've produced have been groundbreaking- so it's all about basing the funding on the reputation of the devs- that, once again, they will produce something outstanding.

Fair enough to be sceptical- needs some more information though, to persuade people of the magic that this could be.
jontycampbell Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:51pm 
Frontier failed to deliver an amazing looking game such as the Outsider, who says they'll be able to deliver this one?
Outsider may have looked amazing, though I thought it would be another walk around a lot aimlessly shooting things and completing quests folderal like boring Skyrim - old hat. Perhaps they werent confident in releasing it into a market full of those types of adventures?
Last edited by jontycampbell; Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:51pm
Nele Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:51pm 
but the devs from then have left/been fired since the Outsider failed... so there is no reputation to defend then, apart from David Braben's one... also, this: http://www.iancgbell.clara.net/elite/archive/b5081501.htm
Vodka Intimate Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:51pm 
Braben is trying to establish whether there is a market as far as I can tell before committing resources - but I reckon there's a Frontier skunkworks that is working on this on the side. My appetite is whetted - and I would love to see it come to fruition.
Nele Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:52pm 
Originally posted by jontycampbell:
Frontier failed to deliver an amazing looking game such as the Outsider, who says they'll be able to deliver this one?
Frontier may have looked amazing, though I thought it would be another walk around a lot aimlessly shooting things and completing quests folderal like boring Skyrim - old hat.
they did work 7y on it :P
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:18pm