Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
chesse20 Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:30pm
when will vocaloid be sold under software
i think that vocaloid should be sold under software so if u work for vocaloid plz tell that to the people u work for
it would be cool if u got tf2 and dota 2 items for buying vocaloid also
like maybe a hatsune miku costume for the broodmother
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
SirTyler Nov 11, 2012 @ 5:03pm 
Yes cause I am sure that people that work at a Japaneses company are browsing the Greenlight forums in english. If you want to see it on Greenlight then you should email them and let them know. Valve and the people on the forums DO NOT do it for you.
chesse20 Nov 11, 2012 @ 5:19pm 
Originally posted by SirTyler:
Yes cause I am sure that people that work at a Japaneses company are browsing the Greenlight forums in english. If you want to see it on Greenlight then you should email them and let them know. Valve and the people on the forums DO NOT do it for you.
vocaloid has english also ♥♥♥♥♥
PurpleMoustache Nov 11, 2012 @ 5:33pm 
Friendly hint: if you are looking for advice or information on something, don't call people "♥♥♥♥♥".

Also, correct grammar, and capitalization, and punctuation help too.

Now: on the subject of software and Steam, and the Steam Greenlight service.

The software currently sold on Steam is there because of VALVe (the company behind Steam and games such as Team Fortress 2, and DOTA 2) hammered out some agreements between the two companies to set prices, distribution, and other details to sell the software on Steam.

Steam Greenlight is a way for indie, or little known (Single A) game studios or development houses to get their game or software on Steam.

A large company like Adobe or Square Enix would be able to get their products on Steam very easily, by contacting the head of sales.

However the Yamaha Corporation, the company behind the main software behind the Japanese sensation known as Vocaloid, is not really known for their software development. Rather, they are largely known for Motorcycles, Musical Instruments, and assorted Electronics.

As a result, the Yamaha Corporation would have to put their niche product through the Steam Greenlight service, which is not a guaranteed way to be accepted to Steam. If you really wish to have this software available on Steam, please email the Yamaha Corporation and express your interest.

Furthermore: the likeliness of a large corporation to submit their niche software to a service is extremely unlikely, and the chances of them going out of their way to model Team Fortress 2 or DOTA 2 items out of sheer kindness, are even slimmer.
ukkosfaith Nov 17, 2012 @ 8:07am 
I would rather like the Vocaloid software on Steam myself, too. Since Steam is now a sevice selling music, movies, and other PC software.

As well there are already games that are Vocaloid that exist. Just not for the PC. In fact it is one of the few SEGA games that does not exist for the PC. SEGA has neither brought Project Diva to the West or the PC. I'd honestly buy up any Vocaloid software that was on the PC through Steam in a heartbeat. Whether it be the official song-creation software, or rhythm games like Project Diva.

I'm with definitely contacting Yamaha and saying you would like Vocaloid software on Steam. Perhaps making a convincing argument through email and telling them you think that Steam is becoming a viable digital distribution service for software like theirs.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 11, 2012 @ 2:30pm