Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
^9The ^6LavenderLeopard Aug 23, 2013 @ 5:46am
Putting halo,halo 2 on steam
halo and halo 2 where the best games ever.
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
-Z- Aug 23, 2013 @ 5:58am 
While it might be possible, what with the shutting down of the Games for Windows Live store, I highly doubt they would pass through Greenlight. But that's if and only if Microsoft decides to bother. ...and doesn't just make something else.
^9The ^6LavenderLeopard Aug 23, 2013 @ 6:30am 
that sucks
-Z- Aug 23, 2013 @ 10:32am 
To clarify, I meant that they wouldn't have to pass through Greenlight if Microsoft ever decided to put them on Steam. It's just doubtful that Microsoft ever will.
C0untzer0 Aug 23, 2013 @ 11:09am 
Originally posted by Holyavenger:
halo and halo 2 where the best games ever.
Clearly this is untrue.
Suicidal Spyro Soldier Aug 23, 2013 @ 1:13pm 
Halo = Good for its time Halo 2 = what were they smoking Halo 3 = Enjoyable Halo 3 ODST = gaming SIN Halo reach = Really fun Halo 4 = dear ♥♥♥♥ing christ o.o It will never be passed on steam bro, Microsoft'd want millions of dollars for em :\
NIKOS MATSAMPLOKOS Aug 25, 2013 @ 6:00am 
Originally posted by Alucard Van Hellsing:
Halo = Good for its time Halo 2 = what were they smoking Halo 3 = Enjoyable Halo 3 ODST = gaming SIN Halo reach = Really fun Halo 4 = dear ♥♥♥♥ing christ o.o It will never be passed on steam bro, Microsoft'd want millions of dollars for em :\

true...
plzhavmercy Aug 26, 2013 @ 6:53am 
You need to contact the developers of Halo and Halo 2. It's their call. Though I agree, they are great games. Perhaps if enough people contacted Microsoft and told them that they would probably see more profit if they put their games on Greenlight...
KillerSteven Aug 26, 2013 @ 10:29am 
they should be put on steam
C0untzer0 Aug 26, 2013 @ 10:43am 
Originally posted by plzhavmercy:
You need to contact the developers of Halo and Halo 2. It's their call. Though I agree, they are great games. Perhaps if enough people contacted Microsoft and told them that they would probably see more profit if they put their games on Greenlight...
But it's not guaranteed to improve their profits. The point of HALO (from the point of view of Microsoft, at least) Is to encourage people to buy an Xbox and so to buy more Xbox games, each of which gives a small amount to MS. After giving a competing company a big cut of their takings, will they really make much more?
plzhavmercy Aug 26, 2013 @ 4:43pm 
I agree with your point countzer, but halo and halo 2 cannot be making much profit right now. I totally understand why Halo 4 isn't on Steam. Seems like the newer Halos don't even have PC imports like 1 and 2 do.
Shadow Hog Aug 27, 2013 @ 11:23am 
Rumor has it the Halo series is Steam-bound anyway[www.neogaf.com]... You're probably better off just biding your time and seeing if that pans out, like so many of the other random Steam entries in that topic have.
C0untzer0 Aug 29, 2013 @ 3:11am 
Originally posted by Shadow Hog:
Rumor has it the Halo series is Steam-bound anyway[www.neogaf.com]... You're probably better off just biding your time and seeing if that pans out, like so many of the other random Steam entries in that topic have.
Fascinating read, but with MS replacing quite a few of their top staff generally and in games, the ball is on the slates.
plzhavmercy Aug 29, 2013 @ 4:51am 
Originally posted by Shadow Hog:
Rumor has it the Halo series is Steam-bound anyway[www.neogaf.com]....

Do you mind sharing where this rumor came from? I'd love to see Halo on steam due to my being a sucker for badges and achievements and what-not, but I just don't see it happening.
Skoardy Aug 29, 2013 @ 5:36am 
Originally posted by plzhavmercy:
Do you mind sharing where this rumor came from?
Wouldn't that be the link itself?
plzhavmercy Aug 29, 2013 @ 10:42am 
The link itself is just people babbling back and forth, there's no real concrete evidence. I suppose I assumed there was more too his assertion than "look at what a few people are saying"
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2013 @ 5:46am