Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Alvaraess Mar 10, 2013 @ 1:42pm
SimCity 5 on Steam
It Would be good to have simcity 5 on steam
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
C0untzer0 Mar 10, 2013 @ 1:43pm 
not for the publishers, it wouldn't.
Manic Banana Mar 10, 2013 @ 2:11pm 
It would be nice to play the game in general. A friend of mine bought it on Amazon before they took it down, only to be plagued by connection issues with EA's "always online" DRM.
Skoardy Mar 10, 2013 @ 2:18pm 
Originally posted by Alvaraess:
It Would be good to have simcity 5 on steam
Wouldn't get your hopes up. While EA remain insecure about Origin, they're unlikely to be submitting many of their games to Steam.

Also, you should post your requests in the Request A Game sub forum in the future.
C0untzer0 Mar 10, 2013 @ 2:34pm 
Originally posted by Mike Rotch:
It would be nice to play the game in general. A friend of mine bought it on Amazon before they took it down, only to be plagued by connection issues with EA's "always online" DRM.
They had a lot more traffic than they could handle, and wound up giving away some dlc to everybody that had bougt it. Of course, if anybody's got the money to throw at a problem like that it's CliffyB...
Spydrebyte Mar 10, 2013 @ 4:17pm 
Not touching it with its always online DRM
JD Mar 10, 2013 @ 5:19pm 
Why don't people just get SimCity 4 instead? I can't see one thing that this game does better. But I can see lots of things it does worse (especially the smaller maps).
C0untzer0 Mar 11, 2013 @ 3:06am 
The Beta didn't really grab me, and the wife didn't go crazy for it either (and she's a BIG sim head), but it seems to be doing well.
Mr. Brown Mar 12, 2013 @ 5:31pm 
"HURRDURR I HOEP EA WILL WERK WITH STEAM AGAIN AND THROW AWAY ORIGIN!!!!!!!!" Not a ♥♥♥♥ing chance!
JD Mar 12, 2013 @ 6:53pm 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
The Beta didn't really grab me, and the wife didn't go crazy for it either (and she's a BIG sim head), but it seems to be doing well.

I think all EA games do well no matter what. The launch of this game couldn't have been any more disasterous and yet it still sells well. EA have the industry by the nuts.
Bruno Apr 25, 2013 @ 10:51am 
I would prefer instead SimCity Societies Deluxe, with the base game and Destinations. It's a better game than SimCity released this year (2013)!
And, of course, I dislike the always-online DRM that EA has.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 10, 2013 @ 1:42pm