Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
CatsyPatz Feb 21, 2013 @ 8:28pm
Games I feel should be on steam
Personallu i really really miss some old xbox games and I honestly think they would be perfect for an online multiplayer experience. If not just that a good solo game.
These are the two games I wish to be on steam:
1. Breakdown
This game was amazing in its fighting style alone.

2. Phantom Dust
This game not only was fun and interesting, but this game would be massively fun game to play online with others. To have a good match of at least 4-8 and using powers to fight one another would be an interesting experience.

What do you guys think? Am I right?
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
DarkByNight Feb 21, 2013 @ 8:39pm 
A few things.
1: You can't play Xbox games on a PC / Mac without the game recieving a port.
2: Valve isn't going to port Xbox games for you.
3: Ask the developers? They are the only ones who can port the games and put them on greenlight.
DarkByNight Feb 21, 2013 @ 8:53pm 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Well done Night.
Hmm? :)
Was that sarcasm then?
Feraele Feb 21, 2013 @ 10:27pm 
Originally posted by DarkByNight:
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Well done Night.
Was that sarcasm then?

Nope, we just see a lot of folks who think they need to request a game to be on Steam, and a lot of us spend time letting them know if they want a particular game that isn't here, they need to contact the game developpers. You just did what we do is all hehehe. :)
DarkByNight Feb 21, 2013 @ 10:37pm 
Originally posted by Feraele:
Was that sarcasm then?

Nope, we just see a lot of folks who think they need to request a game to be on Steam, and a lot of us spend time letting them know if they want a particular game that isn't here, they need to contact the game developpers. You just did what we do is all hehehe. :)

I know all too well. :P
I spent every day here from August until around November or so but I've been staying away since then. It started feeling like we were talking to deaf ears, or perhaps writing to blind eyes. ^_^
You guys are handling it just fine.
Some times I do like to stop by though. :)
Feraele Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:34pm 
Originally posted by Feraele:

I know all too well. :P
I spent every day here from August until around November or so but I've been staying away since then. It started feeling like we were talking to deaf ears, or perhaps writing to blind eyes. ^_^
You guys are handling it just fine.
Some times I do like to stop by though. :)

Nice to meet you! *waves* :)
CatsyPatz Feb 24, 2013 @ 6:20pm 
I'm new to steam so i wouldnt know how to contact the developers
Feraele Feb 24, 2013 @ 6:24pm 
Originally posted by Zephyr_Meowmi:
I'm new to steam so i wouldnt know how to contact the developers

Look up the game website..look for the developper and or publisher names. Google works for that :)

Here's one ...looks like Namco and Microsoft from the jpeg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Breakdowncover.jpg

think this game is pretty old..nevermind is 2010 hehhe

@ Zephyr Namco would be the developper and Microsoft would be the publisher..far as I know.
Last edited by Feraele; Feb 28, 2013 @ 3:02pm
CatsyPatz Feb 24, 2013 @ 6:25pm 
hm thank you. and i thought since some games were on here that ive seen on xbox first i thought they could do so. however they must have been games somewhere else first before xbox.
Gorlom[Swe] Feb 25, 2013 @ 2:16am 
Originally posted by Zephyr_Meowmi:
hm thank you. and i thought since some games were on here that ive seen on xbox first i thought they could do so. however they must have been games somewhere else first before xbox.
That is not necessarily true. It just means that the developers of the xbox game decided to port it to PC, and then submit to greenlight.

Just to repeat: only the guys with the rights to distribute (usually the developers or their publisher) can put a game on greenlight.
CatsyPatz Feb 25, 2013 @ 7:41pm 
oh, ok then. Well i would have no idea how to get a hold of game developers for the games i want. so in other words. not gonna happen lol
Gorlom[Swe] Feb 28, 2013 @ 8:54am 
Have you tried googeling the games to see what the developers call themselves? Then googeling them to get a homepage or an email adress?
CatsyPatz Feb 28, 2013 @ 5:45pm 
nope, but i will when im able. college and all hard to get around to things i WANT to do
CatsyPatz Feb 28, 2013 @ 6:43pm 
and now ive tried, but i dont know how to contact microsoft studios to ask. hm..
Gorlom[Swe] Feb 28, 2013 @ 7:02pm 
Have you pressed the "contact us" link on their website? I'm sure they got one. Most companies has one on their website.

If you haven't try this: googling "Microsoft studios" > go to Microsoft Studios website (alternativly you can go to the wikipedia page to make sure sure you get the right page) > find the little "contact us" that is at the bottom of the page > browse the contact page for a phone number or an email adress > write the email or make a phone call..
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2013 @ 8:28pm