Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Gulf of Grin Feb 20, 2013 @ 6:05am
Bring Age of Empires I and II to the Steam store
They are both in the top ten downloaded RTS games on the internet, but they are being dicontinued and retail stores are going to stop selling copies soon. We need to keep these dying games alive; we can by getting them into the Steam store.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Feb 20, 2013 @ 6:30am 
Steam can't do that without permission of the rights holders. Valve is not going to bother with attempting to make contact with them since it would take too much time and effort to by themselves go out and search for games to bring into the library.
Rights holders need to contact Valve to get their games onto steam.

Ergo you need to contact the rights holders and convince them to contact Valve.
Posting here does absolutely nothing.

PS. you could also work for getting them onto Gog.com
Feraele Feb 20, 2013 @ 1:15pm 
Originally posted by Grin Quidam:
They are both in the top ten downloaded RTS games on the internet, but they are being dicontinued and retail stores are going to stop selling copies soon. We need to keep these dying games alive; we can by getting them into the Steam store.

Contact the owners and give them your idea, only way to do it. Valve is a HUGE company, they don't need to search for games to sell. Game owners come to them.
Caelistas Feb 20, 2013 @ 8:35pm 
Go ask Ensemble or Microsoft studios about that ...

oh wait ensemble doesn't exist anymore lol

I wonder who has the rights now?
Feraele Feb 20, 2013 @ 9:59pm 
Originally posted by Caelistas:
Go ask Ensemble or Microsoft studios about that ...

oh wait ensemble doesn't exist anymore lol

I wonder who has the rights now?

easy way to find out ..think you can google it...I found an old game I played in 1995 online, that way, was originally a Sierra Online game, somebody bought it ..and runs it still.

Feraele Feb 20, 2013 @ 10:02pm 
Found it..microsoft owns them. Both listed under Microsoft's game section.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 20, 2013 @ 6:05am