Steam Greenlight
S#AD0Wn$MOK3 13. feb. 2013 kl. 2.42
Has steam contacted SIERRA?
I'd really like to see Steam add the Homeworld collection to it's store. It's an excellent strategy game that takes place in space. I never got too far, because the game was destroyed after about a week. Please look into this series.
< >
Viser 111 av 11 kommentarer
C0untzer0 13. feb. 2013 kl. 2.47 
1. Youre in the wrong place
2. It's not up to steam to contact Sierra, it's up to Sierra to contact Steam
3. Sierra are now locked in a tiny, tiny corner of SEGA, which means that they are NEVER going to do anything ever again.
S#AD0Wn$MOK3 13. feb. 2013 kl. 2.49 
So where would the right place be? Is there any way to get Homeworld on Steam?
Skoardy 13. feb. 2013 kl. 9.10 
For any game you believe should be on Steam, first find out who owns the rights. Contact them and convince them somehow to get in touch with Valve to add their game to Steam. That's how you do it. Be sure to return and tell us how you get on.
Yuga-Suggah 13. feb. 2013 kl. 10.12 
While the forum does say "Request a Game", it doesn't actually mean "post here to request a game." Mostly it is a place where people wish for games.

It sorta supposed to be a place where users would form a large fanbase which would then find ways to bring the game to Steam.

In reality however, its a place to dump "requested game" threads. I would guess that there is a population that does not really know what Greenlight is all about. It happens.
Sist redigert av Yuga-Suggah; 13. feb. 2013 kl. 10.16
S#AD0Wn$MOK3 13. feb. 2013 kl. 12.32 
So it sounds like Sierra/Sega needs to be contacted and the word should be put out to the fan base.
Yuga-Suggah 13. feb. 2013 kl. 13.44 
Just keep in mind, Valve doesn't do the contacting.

You(or the fanbase) has to contact Sega/Sierra so that Sega/Sierra can contact Valve. Give a convincing reason for Sega/Sierra to distribute the game on Steam. It is not easy to convince a company to nerco an older game.

Honestly, a better option is to make a fanbase on GOG rather than Steam. GOG handles older games much better. Because they distribute older games more readly, the general community is much more receptive to older games.(Hint: Take a look at the progress of System Shock 2)
Sist redigert av Yuga-Suggah; 13. feb. 2013 kl. 16.55
C0untzer0 19. feb. 2013 kl. 6.02 
Opprinnelig skrevet av ERV&3R5:
So it sounds like Sierra/Sega needs to be contacted and the word should be put out to the fan base.
It's SEGA, they never listen, they will continue to sit on it forever with no hope of progress. The only way to do it is to buy Sierra from them, which would be problematic in itself...
Skoardy 19. feb. 2013 kl. 8.54 
So, ERV&3R5, are you planning on contacting them yourself?
S#AD0Wn$MOK3 20. feb. 2013 kl. 23.51 
Not too many people seem to feel that it's a worthy pursuit.I tried, then I thought of a great work-around: I ordered the game on Amazon.
Gorlom[Swe] 21. feb. 2013 kl. 0.30 
So you gave up because the request a game section of greenlight is a graveyard as a result of it being essentially pointless?

Maybe you should have created a fan discussion on gog.com or something? they seem to be slighhtly (or rather: much) better at that?
Feraele 24. feb. 2013 kl. 19.35 
Opprinnelig skrevet av ERV&3R5:
Not too many people seem to feel that it's a worthy pursuit.I tried, then I thought of a great work-around: I ordered the game on Amazon.

lol I like this response :D
< >
Viser 111 av 11 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 13. feb. 2013 kl. 2.42