Steam Greenlight
Here's some System Shock 2 info.
http://www.destructoid.com/is-system-shock-being-revived-on-steam-and-gog-com--244641.phtml

Who knows? Maybe System Shock 2 might be coming to Steam after all.

And yes, I know this Greenlight and yatta yatta. I just figured I might as well put this on the requests forum because it is asked weekly.
Naposledy upravil Yuga-Suggah; 11. úno. 2013 v 20.01
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 15 komentářů
To be honest it sounds like they are going to get their asses sued. The game isn't abandoned. The problem is that the rights to it is split up among several parties, so getting a deal together is difficult. Sueing for infringement on that IP probably isnt.
Naposledy upravil Gorlom[Swe]; 12. úno. 2013 v 9.42
Yeah. I am a little conserned about what is going happen to who ever is remaking the game. Oddly, the wiki page for the difficulty of get thing the game remade has been taken down and there is some mention of BioShock Infinite having a 1999 mode.

But in terms of legality, I am not sure. Honestly, the makers of the remake have kind of a sparse webpage.

I don't know, I just figured I might as well post something about it that isn't DUDE THIS GAEM NEEDS TO BE ON STEM. : )

Naposledy upravil Yuga-Suggah; 12. úno. 2013 v 9.16
MisterFour původně napsal:
and there is some mention of BioShock Infinite having a 1999 mode.
'1999 mode' in Bioshock Infinite is just an added difficulty setting in that game. It's just a reference to when SS2 was released but has nothing to do with the game itself.
Well. its more of a considquences are more permanent mode. Which is sorta a difficulty, but whatever.

The point is mostly just that there is some, abit questionable, movement on the game.
Naposledy upravil Yuga-Suggah; 12. úno. 2013 v 19.26
http://www.destructoid.com/system-shock-2-confirmed-for-gog-tomorrow--244827.phtml

SS2 is actually coming to GOG! 18 hours and counting.
Naposledy upravil Yuga-Suggah; 13. úno. 2013 v 9.01
I'm really curious about how they solve the legal rights issue...
Stephen Kick (Night Dive): The rights are still held in a very complicated tangle and going into all of it makes for very dry reading. The short version is that negotiations began in October of last year. I pitched the rights-holder with the focus being on the digital distribution of System Shock 2 and–as much to my surprise as anyone’s, possibly–here we are today.

Guillaume Rambourg (GOG.com): We, of course, have been working on getting System Shock 2 on GOG.com more or less since we started operations, and we were absolutely thrilled when Stephen contacted us from Night Dive indicating that he was able to secure these rights.

Rambourg: We have contacted lots of publishers, developers and lawyers over the past 4-5 years – mostly industry veterans actually – to better understand the big legal puzzle behind this game and identify who owns the trademark, the IP, the code, distribution rights and so forth. We got lots of answers, sometimes aiming at the same direction, sometimes pointing in conflicting ones. You know the drill: one step forward, two steps back. It was a real investigation a la Tex Murphy. A very tough case, definitely, but we never lost hope.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/13/many-questions-system-shock-2-comes-to-gog/

So I guess to answer your question, never lose hope?
Naposledy upravil Yuga-Suggah; 13. úno. 2013 v 14.23
Oh holy carp. they actually solved it?
sounds like a sequel to Indiegamer, good news.
Yeah. Although, I am not entirely sure if the game is going to be available on Steam or not.

Not that I am complaining. I more care if the game is available at all. Honestly, the shock of the game being available anywhere is more than enough exposure for the game.
Naposledy upravil Yuga-Suggah; 13. úno. 2013 v 14.37
I'm just glad for what it says about abandonware as a whole. Today System Shock, tomorrow, who knows?
I hear ya. Be interesting to see if there is a shift in game studios(I guess para-mainstream? I don't what to call it) focusing specifically on the release of abandonware.

I heard mermerings of Colonization.(Of course, just a very very small rumor. In the article)
Naposledy upravil Yuga-Suggah; 13. úno. 2013 v 14.59
Also, there's a massive difference between "Alive" and "Undead". If they can actually move the IP forward in some way, it will be immeasurably better.
Edit: but look who I'm talking to: MisterFour will find some way to measure it, I'm sure :)
Naposledy upravil C0untzer0; 14. úno. 2013 v 2.17
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 15 komentářů
Na stránku: 1530 50

Datum zveřejnění: 11. úno. 2013 v 19.56
Počet příspěvků: 15