Steam Greenlight
Steam are you just gonna take some games because they sound cool to you or something.
Steam do you just take games that sound cool to you like i tried searchign for some games like blood from 1997 and it's not there and most of the games are terrible in the store it's like all the games you get rights form valve would sound cool to you when some of the games are terrible.
< >
Сообщения 113 из 13
This is so silly I do not know what to answer
the ndon't answer at all if you got nothing nice to say don't say it at all.
Автор сообщения: jeslyck
This is so silly I do not know what to answer
I wouldn't worry about it, Jeslyck. This is at least the 4th request thread the OP has started (the second they've requested Blood) and in each one, people have explained how Valve don't search out games. If it still hasn't sunk in yet...
well i think your right skoardy. (not being sarcastic)
go into your local library and shout for "Blood" there, I guarantee it'll do as much good as your posting here.
"Blood! It's not funny!"
Seriously though, look for other digital distributors. Valve is not the end all.
ok if steam can't get the rights to games and valve can't do anything how the hell do these games in the steam store?
Автор сообщения: War king
the ndon't answer at all if you got nothing nice to say don't say it at all.
Please if you have nothing coherent to say, don't say anything.
ok if steam can't get the rights to games and valve can't do anything how the hell do these games in the steam store?
What? I am sorry, but your grammar is confusing. Generally, publishers request games to be sold on digital distributors such as Steam.

You can activate non-Steam games under the "Add A Game..." selection at the bottom left of the Steam screen(provided you have Steam installed on your computer.) If you activate a game on Steam, you can play that game on your Steam account.

You can vote for games on Greenlight. These games are on Greenlight because the publisher and developer of each game have allowed there games to be voted by the Greenlight community. If the game is not on Greenlight, that means the developer has either not agreed for their game to be on Greenlight, or they are finding alternate means of getting the game distributed. Or the publisher or distributer do not find that particular game to be profitable.
Отредактировано Yuga-Suggah; 16 янв. 2013 г. в 16:58
It's really simple - the company that makes the game asks Valve to put it on the Steam store. That's it. Valve does not go get games. Greenlight is a new process where the company that makes the game lets people vote on whether Valve will put it on the Steam store.
^There are a couple expections to the rule. I am sure that there are couple games that Valve does want on its service. While these games are ussually mainstream, I do feel like the quick annoucement of The Cave plays into the expection.

Rule of thumb though, if the game is older, is not related to an upcoming/or current newer game, Valve is probably not interested in streamlining the game. If the game is not on Greenlight, the publishers and to some part, the developers are not currently interested in distributing the game to Steam.

In each one of your threads, someone has explained how. Why didn't you bother reading them?

MisterFour - developers/publishers with existing relationships with Valve don't need to go through the same hoops as those who are new to Steam. Double Fine have games like Psychonauts, Stacking and Costume Quest already on Steam. The Cave was a shoo-in.
I was kinda lazy with The Cave example. I honestly couldn't think of any games at the time off the top of my head. Sorry :)

I was going to replace The Cave with 10,000,000.

10,000,000 was actually requested by Valve.

http://pockettactics.com/2013/01/16/puzzle-game-of-the-year-10000000-now-available-on-steam/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=puzzle-game-of-the-year-10000000-now-available-on-steam

I think, its the second paragraph, where it talks about Valve's interest in the game.

Honestly, while I love the game, I am not sure if it would have won Greenlight or not. Granted, this submision was sometime in August.
Отредактировано Yuga-Suggah; 19 янв. 2013 г. в 19:24
< >
Сообщения 113 из 13
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Дата создания: 14 янв. 2013 г. в 17:28