Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
War king Jan 7, 2013 @ 4:31pm
I got some games for you steam and i believe everyone wants these games.
Bring these games to the steam store shel shock nam 67,Turok (2008),state of emergency,soldier of fortune series,system shock series,Blood (1997),spiderman (2000),X-men originis wolverine,Manhunt 2,the punisher (2005) game,halo combat evolved,and halo 2 who agrees with me steam brign these games to the store these are awesome games and there all on windows and etc so brign these games for the gamers steam that's what we gamers live for.
Last edited by War king; Jan 7, 2013 @ 4:32pm
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
wilco64256 Jan 7, 2013 @ 4:37pm 
Steam doesn't just "get" games. They have to be submitted by the developers/publishers/owners first. Contact them and tell them to submit their games to Valve.
Gorlom[Swe] Jan 7, 2013 @ 5:40pm 
The rights to Systemshoick 2 at least is cut up and the deal would need to be made with 5-6 different partners all agreeing to the deal. The developers doesn't think it is likely to happen.
(I think I read this somewhere on Irrational Games website. Though I can't seem to find it now)
Senor Quarto Jan 8, 2013 @ 3:35pm 
The reason why System Shock 2 is not offered digitally is (vaguely) on the wikipedia of System Shock 2. I tried to start a converstation about this topic awhile back (such as what would have to be done legally or maybe the possibility of a System Shock 3). Never got off the ground really.

War King, you might as well not post these requests unless you have a legitmate idea to help garner attention to the devs/producers besides the usual "talk to the devs" or "It was a fun game....." Sorry, but dem's the breaks...
Last edited by Senor Quarto; Jan 8, 2013 @ 3:52pm
War king Jan 8, 2013 @ 6:55pm 
fine misterrfour you do it
Skoardy Jan 9, 2013 @ 9:59am 
Usual story. Someone posts requests for games they apparently really, really, really want but once they find out they need to put some tiny effort in themselves, they suddenly lose interest. Big surprise.
Senor Quarto Jan 9, 2013 @ 12:05pm 
Admittingly, I would like to start a group that sort of lobbies for games to be on digital services. There are some devoted people here that could really get the ball rolling for some interest on certian games. It is a lot of work, but certianly doable.

I also believe however, because membership to digital distribution is free, I feel that there is not a lot point offering the same game to multiple services. You can link any game to Steam provided that it is on the PC. One of the Solider of Fortune game is offered on digital download already. Blood is on GOG.

The expections of course are newly released games, games that will make a stat significant profit, cult classics, a prior game accompaning a new game, or a large community interest in a game. I am not a business expert by any means, but there has to be a significant interest(I would guess, at least 10% of the current average of game sales?).

Other problems include games that are old and need to made compadable to modern PC. Solider of Fortune does have this problem. State of Emergency for the PC was rated low because of its poor functioning multiplayer. Rockstar would have to fix this as well.

Other problems include games that are tied to movies. X Men Wolverine and Spiderman fall under this unfortante problem. Both pretty good games, but sales would not be as good without the accomping movie being relevent to the the game. I am aware that Punisher is not included in this list.

Another problem are games tied to other companies who have their own stronghold in either digital distribution or just company name. Halo and Halo 2 need no explanation really. I suppose System Shock 2 has the same problem.

Other games... just got bad sales. Turok did not do so well both critically and finanically. In fact, Proganda Games had a huge layoff because the lackluster proformance.

Others had a bit of contraversy. Manhunt 2 and The Punisher have this problem. And again, since the games are older, the games would not sell.

I can't say anything for Shell Shock 67 expect, well the time of its sale has passed and I am not sure if the game is considered a cult classic. Sorry.
Last edited by Senor Quarto; Jan 9, 2013 @ 12:21pm
War king Jan 9, 2013 @ 3:18pm 
yeah misterfour what about halo combat evolved and halo 2.
Senor Quarto Jan 9, 2013 @ 5:52pm 
Ok... Those are owned by Mircosoft as well as the rest of the Halo series. They are considered flagship titles for Mircosoft. If Mircosoft feels as thought their game can actually sell not only copies but XBox es, it is in their best interest not to sell a flagship game to any other console besides Mircosoft and Mircosoft brand name companies.

This same logic was used for Metal Gear Solid 4. In fact, Otacon made a joke about how the PS3 was the only console that could play blu-ray discs. Was it in bad taste? Maybe a little. Considering that Rising will probably have a joke somewhere saying "Hey! Metal Gear is for everybody!... We like Mircosoft... We would never say anything bad about the XBox.... heh heh"

Maybe in the future, Mircosoft will find Halo seres not to be a significant reason to maintain brand name loyality. Right now however, it is unlikely.

I am sorry. I know it sucks. And, while this isn't the purpose of Greenlight, it is not wrong to give support to your favorite games. I want the games that I love get the recongnizion I feel they deserve.

My points above however, offer a small explaination as to why these games are not out on Steam or whatever.

If there is a movement to bring certain titles over to Steam, GOG, Deasura, or whatever, power to them : )
Last edited by Senor Quarto; Jan 9, 2013 @ 8:10pm
War king Jan 10, 2013 @ 3:22pm 
and i don't get how tropico 2 is not on steam.
Senor Quarto Jan 10, 2013 @ 5:25pm 
You are in luck! Tropico Reloaded is a collection of Tropico 1 and 2.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33520/
Last edited by Senor Quarto; Jan 10, 2013 @ 6:14pm
War king Jan 10, 2013 @ 6:53pm 
yeah but one thing that's terrible tho is that civilization 1 2 and 3 are not on steam as well.
ONe_mOMENT Jan 10, 2013 @ 7:00pm 
Originally posted by War king:
yeah but one thing that's terrible tho is that civilization 1 2 and 3 are not on steam as well.

Well at least 3 is
War king Jan 10, 2013 @ 7:03pm 
ok then don't know why 1 and 2 are not on it.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2013 @ 4:31pm