Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Tenareth_Valsen Dec 6, 2012 @ 6:16pm
should steam provide emulators
i think it would be cool if steam provided emulators for video game systems like the PS1, PS2 and Xbox.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
De'Vout Numelran Dec 6, 2012 @ 6:24pm 
Also the Nintendo Systems too. I'm a Huge Nintendo Fan. especially for Legend of Zelda!
sambobsam Dec 6, 2012 @ 6:57pm 
yes, they should so i can go onto a call of duty server and rock the socks of those thumb-controller-aim-all-over players who think they know what first person shooters are about... anyone on muse-keyboard will win against anyone on a thumb-wars xbox controller...
AusSkiller Dec 6, 2012 @ 7:18pm 
Originally posted by 101stBrony:
i think it would be cool if steam provided emulators for video game systems like the PS1, PS2 and Xbox.
Unfortunately it'll never happen unless Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo sign off on it and that would be extremely unlikely given PCs do not have all the copyright protection hardware from the consoles.

Originally posted by sambobsam:
yes, they should so i can go onto a call of duty server and rock the socks of those thumb-controller-aim-all-over players who think they know what first person shooters are about... anyone on muse-keyboard will win against anyone on a thumb-wars xbox controller...
As awesome as it would be to show the console players how crap controllers are, emulation would not allow us to do so. The mouse input which is fast and accurate because it deals with distance traveled would need to have that input be mapped to a velocity to emulate the expected input from a controller, and because it's now a velocity we lose the speed and accuracy that the mouse would normally give us :(. If done well it could probably still be slightly better than a thumb stick but sadly it would not be as good as real mouse/keyboard input.
Last edited by AusSkiller; Dec 6, 2012 @ 7:20pm
Tenareth_Valsen Dec 6, 2012 @ 7:42pm 
well that stinks
C0untzer0 Dec 7, 2012 @ 6:39am 
Besides, Emus are, as a class of software, renowned for being very buggy, too many problems...
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2012 @ 6:16pm