Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Flotilla Nov 30, 2012 @ 3:39am
Does this subforum need to exist?
What is the purpose of this forum?

"I want X on Steam"
"ya i no rite"

Unlike GOG's request forum, Valve hasn't shown any interest in using the consumer interest seen here to fuel an attempt to actually get any of these games on Steam. As in, the name of this forum is EXTREMELY misleading and making people believe that if they request a game here, Valve will listen, talk things out with the company, and get the game on Steam.

The most Valve has said (in the sticky) is that if you want to actually help get the game on Steam, you should "contact the developer of the game". Which is exactly what everyone should have been doing in the first place, instead of making these spam threads in the main forum.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Oakreef Nov 30, 2012 @ 5:06am 
I'm pretty sure the only reason this forum exists is to place all the request threads that Greenlight isn't supposed to get in the first place. They don't seem to be stopping any time soon.
Spagett Dec 1, 2012 @ 12:44pm 
The requests that seem to be appearing in this subforum usually have a good reason to not be on Steam; from Minecraft to Silent Hill 2...Valve doesn't seem to be responding at all.

Perhaps the purpose of this subforum is to start concepts? For example, "I want a Katamari game that doesn't suck as bad as The Wonderful End of the World"?
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 30, 2012 @ 3:39am