Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
[Blackbird] Shana Mar 29, 2013 @ 7:24pm
One Must Fall 2097
Hi, it would be awsome if Steam releases One Must Fall 2097 and Steam should add multiplayer support online because if steam creates a server for the NETARENA thing
People whoud start playing OMF2097 Multiplayer more easier

Any Comments?
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Pinballwiz45b Mar 29, 2013 @ 7:52pm 
Contact the developer that you want this game on Steam. That's one step down.
Jr786 Neil Watts/Eva Rosalene Apr 3, 2013 @ 11:18am 
That's one game I'd LOVE to see on Steam!
DuTchEr95 Apr 11, 2013 @ 8:12am 
I wish they did that! but i think we won't get enough votes if we would add it in via greenlight since it's such an old game. but i did a whole playthough on the tournaments on youtube :)
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 11, 2013 @ 4:09pm 
Originally posted by DuTchEr95:
I wish they did that! but i think we won't get enough votes if we would add it in via greenlight since it's such an old game. but i did a whole playthough on the tournaments on youtube :)
"we"? Are you the developer or publisher of that game or a consumer? Because consumers aren't allowed to add other peoples games to greenlight. You need to own the distribution rights of the game (not a copy of the game but legal rights to negotiate contracts with retailers) to add it to greenlight.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Apr 11, 2013 @ 4:10pm
Skoardy Apr 11, 2013 @ 4:31pm 
It's amazing how many people don't know how Greenlight/Concepts work. Concepts especially (since they don't have to put any money down) is choc full of idiots posting other people's games.

Unfortunately, Valve seem to have made moderating that cesspit into a once/twice a month duty. Of course, this leads to other idiots seeing people posting games 'they want' sitting there for weeks, thinking that's what the section is for and doing the same themselves.
DuTchEr95 Apr 12, 2013 @ 5:04am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
"we"? Are you the developer or publisher of that game or a consumer? Because consumers aren't allowed to add other peoples games to greenlight. You need to own the distribution rights of the game (not a copy of the game but legal rights to negotiate contracts with retailers) to add it to greenlight.

Originally posted by Skoardy:
It's amazing how many people don't know how Greenlight/Concepts work. Concepts especially (since they don't have to put any money down) is choc full of idiots posting other people's games.

Unfortunately, Valve seem to have made moderating that cesspit into a once/twice a month duty. Of course, this leads to other idiots seeing people posting games 'they want' sitting there for weeks, thinking that's what the section is for and doing the same themselves.

Oh i thought that if Rob Elam posted the game on greenlight. and we would vote for it to be on steam. there won't be enough votes for it to get on steam i think.
Destructonaut Apr 27, 2013 @ 11:03pm 
Originally posted by Pinballwiz45b:

It shoulnd't be hard to get this game on steam. It's abaondonware, which means it has forfeited both distribution rights and profit on sales.
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 27, 2013 @ 11:25pm 
Originally posted by AbaddonTheArmless:
Originally posted by Pinballwiz45b:

It shoulnd't be hard to get this game on steam. It's abaondonware, which means it has forfeited both distribution rights and profit on sales.
There is no such legal term as abandonware. Even if the rights has been forfeited (I don't think that is what abandonware means)[en.wikipedia.org] that doesn't mean the game can just be added onto steam without concequences. If noone owns it why would Valve want to have it on Steam? Surely they wouldn't be able to charge for something that has been released to the common domain?

I was under the impression that abandonware was just something that had stopped being printed, distributed, supported and unlikely to invoke legal action from whoever owned the rights, but that it is still copyrighted and someone still owns it.

Edit: scratch that. Acording to wikipedia the game is freeware, not abandonware.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Apr 27, 2013 @ 11:29pm
[Legend] Txeon Dec 8 @ 12:18am 
They should remake this game with current graphic technology.
Example : Titanfall Graphic.
I would buy the game for 25USD :D
C0untzer0 Dec 8 @ 1:56am 

Edit: scratch that. Acording to wikipedia the game is freeware, not abandonware.
Just because it's free doesn't mean it's unprotected. It just means that there is now a different legal jungle to get through, and a lot less potential benefit. Basically you were right in everything you said based on the "Abandonware" assumption, only a few differing details.
Last edited by C0untzer0; Dec 8 @ 1:57am
Gorlom[Swe] Dec 8 @ 5:17am 
Ah, a bit poorly expressed by me then. I didn't mean it was no problem adding it to Steam merely that it wasn't abandonware and that it had other things to take into consideration then. My bad.
C0untzer0 Dec 8 @ 5:25am 
You have to be careful with so many idiots actively misinforming people around here, and the number of clueless fools who believe whatever "advice" justifies their position.
C0untzer0 Dec 8 @ 5:28am 
Consider "Freeware" to be analogous to an artist giving away comics he drew while working at a bookshop. It's yours to read, throw away, wallpaper your room...
It's not cool to claim ownership, rewrite parts, or start copying it and selling them at your own place.
Does that help?
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50