Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Tango Apr 18, 2014 @ 2:59am
Looking for real zombie simulator :) concept here
Not strategy, not rpg with dna-points or something else boring... This game must be something like : small pretty town (or large city) , sunny day, you flying with spectator camera and looking around... here is small shop this customers, here is police department, you can looking at usual life then you can choose victim become zombie and start chaos, when somebody kills you, you can switch at another zombie and continue the hunt or you can fall if people will kills all recipients. In game should be good physics, and its should be like action horror movie something like "Rise of the dead' and of course its must be close to reality, i mean housewife should never kill zombie with a rolling-pin and no swat teams in small towns at least 1 first day from the infection.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Tango Apr 18, 2014 @ 3:11am 
just make nice 3d graphics, people emotions and reactions, sounds, city life simulation should be at high level and of course blood and zombies should be scary and game will become a bestseller ;)
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 18, 2014 @ 5:25am 
Are you asking someone else to make this comparably vague concept for you?

PS: Realisticly there wouldn't be any zombies since zombies aren't realistic. Also if there were zombies why wouldn't they eat each other? realistically speaking, what makes them only target humans, and idle around untill they spot humans? Wouldn't they eat anything within arms reach that they can stuff in their mouths? If they are dumb as rocks and only driven by base impulses such as hunger why wouldn't they jsut stuff their bellies full of dirt?

TL:DR: ranting on percieved flaws in the zombie concept.
Tango Apr 18, 2014 @ 8:50am 
not necessarily take everything literally.. of course zombies are fiction. But within the game can be different degrees of reality. For example: what game is more real original Sims or Warcraft ? Of course Sims is more close to reality. That's what im talking about.
Tango Apr 30, 2014 @ 3:39pm 
It seems to me that the previous questions to ask not for me and those who invented zombies. Classically zombie is mindless walking corpse with the remnants of instincts. What exactly revived corpse is not important. The main thing is that we have agreed that this corpse eats people and does not eat other zombies. Now we only need very true to the smallest details to create a modern city and give us the opportunity to play not for the survivor, but for zombie. But its should not be Left4dead, i wanna play as usual zombie in usual city, i wanna bring the death and chaos, i want to see scared people, policemen trying to held me and cuff me (haha) i want to see paramedics trying to safe the bitten people, i want to hear sounds of panic, sirens and radio communication, here can be journalists, helicopters etc. Oh yeah, i know i want to play something like GTA city with zombie, but why not dream... :)
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 30, 2014 @ 4:18pm 
Originally posted by Зверушка:
Classically zombie is mindless walking corpse with the remnants of instincts. )
Classically a zombie is someone (living) in a trace from voodoo spells or something. Zombies only started being undead after movies changed them that way afaik.
I forgot which movie (the name) it was but the first movie to depict undead zombies didnt even call them zombies.

What exactly revived corpse is not important. The main thing is that we have agreed that this corpse eats people and does not eat other zombies. Now we only need very true to the smallest details to create a modern city and give us the opportunity to play not for the survivor, but for zombie. But its should not be Left4dead, i wanna play as usual zombie in usual city, i wanna bring the death and chaos, i want to see scared people, policemen trying to held me and cuff me (haha) i want to see paramedics trying to safe the bitten people, i want to hear sounds of panic, sirens and radio communication, here can be journalists, helicopters etc. Oh yeah, i know i want to play something like GTA city with zombie, but why not dream... :
Have you tried stubbs the zombie (not available on Steam anymore and since it has been removed probably never will again)

I'm not sure that the concept as you describe it can work without some sort of immersion breaking timeskipp or something else that makes it less "realistic" (like a humoristic approach or something)
It might be possible I just can't imagine it. Seems to be too many obstacles to it.
Tango May 1, 2014 @ 7:38am 
Oh yeah, i knew it, i knew that you will be back :)
Man, im agreed with you, because i heard about voodoo zombies too. Of course we can begun from them, but it would be superfluous.
And i can imagine this game, Of course the game will be demanding the hardware from players and good AI from devs.
As for the time, then I, too, found it difficult to explain how it will work. I think it should work in real time without timeskipping. The player will have a lot of bite and it should look beautiful and true to our player is not bored. Can be done, for example, while becoming a zombie is pretty long, so that the player started to think how to save his first infected man (or woman) from accidents on a road, from police shooting and other troubles. If he get hurt such as the broken glass he can impersonate an ordinary person, provided that stop scaring people and they fit to help. And a lot of such details you can imagine, you just have to be a lover of zombie-movies. Imagine how cool it would be: bitten athlete, switched on him, got the muscular strength, bitten swatteam member, switched on him, got the bulletproof jacket and helmet, bitten office-guy, got nothing lol.
Tango May 1, 2014 @ 7:48am 
Damage system must also be of high quality, glass cut through the leg - you cant run now and will be limp, stomach hurt? - drag your guts on the pavement. But zombie should not crumble to pieces like cookies. everything should look natural.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 18, 2014 @ 2:59am