Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
theblackfalcon Apr 17 @ 1:00pm
Just a game idea i have...
Hi guys, thanks for coming to read this! The game i have in mind would be something along the lines of goat simulator, basiaclly, you would be a pedestrian in a GTA or Saints Row look-a-like game. You would be given randomly generated chores, IE Get the groceries, and you would have to make your way to the grocery store, however, sometimes, you might be in the store, and it would get robbed, you have two options from here, subdue the robber, or sneak out, if you subdue him, you don't get your groceries but the police offer you a job, should you take it, you would get a completely different game, it would turn into a cop simulator, where you have to listen for random radio calls, go the location, and take down the criminal. However, the game is permadeath, so if you are killed, game over. If you are shot in the leg/arm as a cop, you have the option to retire, if you retire, you return to your normal life, after walking home from the hospital, you will then get more chores etc. and would be offered another job for saving someones life, for example. The game could infintly go on, and would have some elements from roguelikes such as the binding of isaac, or rogue legacy.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 17 @ 2:37pm 
Sounds rather complicated and I have no idea what this has to do with Goatsimulator. I have not played that game as I was convinced it was an april fool's day joke. (I still have my suspicions)
Maybe you could explain it without paralells to goatsimulator? or atleast explain what it is you have taken from that concept?
theblackfalcon Apr 17 @ 3:38pm 
Well, i took the fact that it is one of those games that you go on just to mess around, since, in goat sim there is no real objectives, other than to mess around for a bit, and this game would be something like that, and yes, it is complicated, as i never said anywhere that it would be a simple project, thanks for the intrest though! :-)
theblackfalcon Apr 17 @ 3:45pm 
And no, goat simulator is an actual game.
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 18 @ 12:32am 
Are you an idea guy or would you acctually be able to work on this game?
Unless you have any programming/artistic skills or money to pay others to do it for you I don't think this will become reality.

And by complicated I didn't mean "not simple", I meant frustrating hair pulling mess of paradoxes and errors. As in complicated compared to other complicated games.

Anyway It could probably be fun I guess. Not my first pick of a game though.
theblackfalcon Apr 18 @ 4:54am 
Yeah, i'm more of an idea guy, i have loads of ideas for games so i wanted to get some out, but my school is doing an honors group thing, where you basically get to choose what you want to do instead of ICT for the year, and there was an option called computer science where you can learn to make games, but i am pretty good with graphic design, and yes, it would be hard to make, but it'd be fun to play, and if you marketed correctly, it'd sell well, you can't deny that.
AMilam Apr 18 @ 10:03pm 
A selling point to goat simulator is that it's a physics demo with some unique bugs. The goat is superfluous. If it was just a goat stuck in a town in unity, there wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the amount of attention.

Your idea could work, but you would need at least a little bit of real gameplay. Stuff like farming simulator has gameplay elements like getting everything grown and ready for the season. Goat simulators gameplay is finding the bugs and finding weird things to do with them. They're sandboxy, but they do have elements that attract players to the games.

Going with the roguelike elements and persistent effects along with finding a job can qualify, but you still need to make sure it's executed in a way that attracts people. Hope this helps! Good Luck!
theblackfalcon Apr 19 @ 5:41am 
Thanks, it really helps! I figured it'd have some physics like goat simulator, which is why i compared it to it at first, IE when you get mown down with an AK-47, the person will act like you are still alive and your body will fly through the air, kinda like in SR, how you can keep shooting someone until they fly away.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 17 @ 1:00pm