Sid Meier's Civilization V

Create and Discover New Worlds
Maps, Scenarios, Interface, and so much more. Explore the modding world of Civ V, and when you’re ready, download the SDK to create and upload your own.
Therebedragons Jul 30, 2012 @ 1:44pm
what do you want in civ 6
i am positive that there will be a new civ game what do you want from gameplay to units as well as upgraes to the previous game
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
{AR} Galvatron Aug 26, 2012 @ 9:43pm 
I would like the return of actual single governments like in CIV III. And the realistic portaits with changing clothes based on the age like in CIV III. And a mega-ton of CIVS, not enough in this game! Had to download 15+ mods. to satisfy my needs!
Anarcho-Liberal Aug 28, 2012 @ 3:20pm 
Bring back vassals! and replace City-States with Minor Civs, which function as a normal Civ, except cant grow beyond certain size and cannot be played ( examples: Switzerland, Belgium, Israel, Tibet, Kongo, Zanzibar, and native americans tribes)
ajmartin Aug 28, 2012 @ 5:57pm 
Instead of a flat map, with top being the north pole and left right being joined up invisibly, I'd like to see a 3D globe of a entire world, seeing about 1/2 the world at once, from a "god-like" perspective. Perhaps the option of seeing two hemispheres at once on a wide screen.

Instead of hexes, "squares" (or "triangles" near the poles) divided by latittude and longitude. Have movement cost 2 MP to move north, south, east, west and 3 MP to move diagonally. With the option for the unit to become "exhausted" (penalty in combat) if it moves with out enough MP.
Faramir Aug 28, 2012 @ 7:15pm 
Bridges to islands, tech trading, map trading, sdi, city revolt and joining different civ, civ war after capital lost, transports, air lift, spying w/ choice of tech or subversion
Anarcho-Liberal Sep 2, 2012 @ 11:04am 
Seasons
thomastgallagher Sep 2, 2012 @ 11:38am 
A way to make the ai Civ expand.The way they did in Civ 4.When the ai Civ always tryed to beat you. all the best;TOM
MessiahDEG Sep 2, 2012 @ 12:54pm 
I'd like it where you can play the game as long as you want. No limit at 2050 so you can play as long as you want.
Therebedragons Sep 2, 2012 @ 4:02pm 
thnxs for the comments
Ragan 1 Sep 2, 2012 @ 11:13pm 
I don't want Civ 6 to be a remake of the old Civ games, which is what some people seem to suggest, but I want it to pay its respects to them. I think One Unit Per Tile needs to be revised to allow stacking of non-combat units and more intelligent troop movement options (fewer blocked troops). I can give or take the hex tiles, I'm fine either way, as long as it looks better than it does in Civ V (and it looks great in Civ V). I would like a return to the civics system in CIv V, a little close to the Social Engineering of Alpha Centauri, rather than the static government idea. Anything to get more freedom...I think that Civ V is lacking in something all other Civ games had, the concept of changing governments. In Civ V, all you get are bonuses and stuff to add to your Civ, not things to change, old policies to forget, drastic situations inspiring you to do things like adopt fundamentalism for a war effort. I liked those dynamics in the game, and think Civ VI needs to add the ability to change your strategy/gameplay method...I think they could come up with a new method nothing like the previous games that would be satisfying.

I would like to see more Simulation elements in the game, like the random events of Civ IV. Also, AI and diplomacy need to be priority one instead of an afterthought. DIplomacy means forging longterm alliances, having more options for a peaceful game (with a lot of unpredictability as well, in Civ IV some people were too nice for no reason). In Civ 5, diplomacy means treating city states well and giving them money, in Civ VI, City states need to be revised...allowed to be somewhat larger and less influencial. Nation size and power need to be addressed in the diplomatic victory. I want to see the return of the U.N. voting system to influence politics. I think Civ could learn from other similar strategy games how to handle global politics.

Civ always lends itself to modding, but the learning curve of mod writing prevents the potential for creativity. A good modding system is essential...not only advanced modding tools that allow you to change the rules of the game (like Civ V has) but basic tools to allow more people to get their feet wet with mod writing. The game should be fully modable.

Troop movement and embarkation in Civ V are something I am happy with and I want to see that carried over.

I haven't seen how espionage works in Gods and Kings, but I would really like to see spies have some serious abilities, as well as severe risks...anything from gathering intel, stealing secrets, planning unrest, to more serious actions like eliminating city officials (causing massive city problems) to chemical warfare. I also think the Civil War system in Civ 2 should be revisted (I actually was considering making a mod that would create a civil war situation randomly under the right circumstances, but that's a ways off if I do it at all).

Rock and Roll as a game concept again (I enjoyed this about Civ IV).

I might think of more ideas later...
TeddyRolls Sep 3, 2012 @ 4:54am 
I really liked having videos when you won, also it would be cool if 'Future Tech' had randomised quotes... it gets a little annoying hearing the same one time and time again.

Ragan: Just to clear up some of your questions about Gods and Kings the Spies can steal your tech and can be killed if your spy intercepts them. They also have rankings and you can build Police stations to help combat espionage in cities where you're vulnerable. I have heard of the chemical warfare aspect in the older games and that sounds awesome, it's deffinately not in Gods and Kings.

As for Civil War... I have had my run in with that of sorts. I don't know how it was in Civ 2 but if you get below 30 unhappiness (The Chinese gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, all of their cities (about 5) except their capital in return for peace) about 10 infantry units end up surrounding your capital. However they act more as barbarians, I'm not sure if they can or are capable of taking over your cities.
donasrd2 Sep 3, 2012 @ 9:47am 
In any Civ VI being planned, I recommend a more sophisticated diplomacy function (i.e., now it is basically either bribes - gold - or threats, with City States; similiarly simplistic "policy" options obtain between civilizations. The U.S Foreign Service Institute should take umbrage at this crass, Hobbesian rendering of the diplomatic art!) The leader personality profiles could be improved with, inter alia, adjusting the proclivity of most to childish petulance that severs trade and starts a war of no clear purpose or rationale.
Ragan 1 Sep 3, 2012 @ 1:03pm 
In Civ 2, under certain conditions, a large empire could go into Civil war, and break into two different countries. There was nothing you could do about it once it happened, and it was an interesting but kind of frustrating idea. In Civ V, if your people are unhappy, a rebellion starts up and you get barbarians in your territory. What I want is between these extremes, where a portion of your cities turn against you, but can be enticed to rejoin the empire.
Rick_Lhotan Sep 3, 2012 @ 2:55pm 
how about the great wall keeps out barabians again hahaha
Backpain Sep 4, 2012 @ 12:21am 
better combat,seasons bigger variety of like worker units
Johnnymac418 Sep 4, 2012 @ 3:55am 
I wish they would bring back trade embargos, like you could do in civ 4.
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 30, 2012 @ 1:44pm