Sid Meier's Civilization V

Create and Discover New Worlds
Maps, Scenarios, Interface, and so much more. Explore the modding world of Civ V, and when you’re ready, download the SDK to create and upload your own.
Alden Jul 12, 2012 @ 9:30am
Getting Started: Guides and resources for modding Civ V
Here are a couple useful resources for getting started modding Civilization V. If you own Civ V on Steam, you can find the SDK under your 'tools' section in your Steam library.

Resources
The Civ V wiki[wiki.2kgames.com] is a great place with general information as well as tutorials, guides, and tips for modding.

The best introductory guide to modding would be Kael's Modders Guide[kael.civfanatics.net] (though it's a bit dated since he wrote it when Civ5 shipped but it's possibly the most thorough single document available.)

Other Forums
There's also a big modding community over on 2K's forum[forums.2kgames.com]
And another modding community over on http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
Last edited by Alden; Jul 12, 2012 @ 9:35am
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Gedemon 25 Jul 14, 2012 @ 3:34am 
About the Civ5 wiki, AFAIK no modder is able to login since months, do you know if this can be fixed ?
danzo07 Sep 23, 2012 @ 5:43am 
will not buy another 2k or steam game sick on this crap
jcsk1949 Sep 25, 2012 @ 2:52am 
is steam just a marketing platform purporting to be a support strata?
shishov.nikolai Sep 29, 2012 @ 7:44am 
подскажите плиз как сделать так чтоб постоянно не выкидывало из игры
advldoga Mar 19, 2013 @ 4:29pm 
yup
reeseb0321 Apr 11, 2013 @ 5:09pm 
please help i cant load the game at all and i bought it for 30 bucks
huskermdl Apr 21, 2013 @ 10:40am 
So I'm in the process of creating a mod, but when I try to test play it on Civ 5, nothing changes. It's not crashing which I suppose is a good sign, but I can't figure out exactly what's wrong with it. I know other users are having the same problem with other mods, so I don't know if its my mod specifically or just a problem the game has loading mods. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Burnt Wings Jun 18, 2013 @ 12:37pm 
Originally posted by huskermdl:
So I'm in the process of creating a mod, but when I try to test play it on Civ 5, nothing changes. It's not crashing which I suppose is a good sign, but I can't figure out exactly what's wrong with it. I know other users are having the same problem with other mods, so I don't know if its my mod specifically or just a problem the game has loading mods. Any help would be greatly appreciated
you probaly havent told the database to update, a common mistake for begginers
Dystopia Jul 5, 2013 @ 5:31pm 
Okay. I have a civ made. I followed Kael's guide, the game's own resources, and watched youtube how-to videos. As far as I can tell, my XML is.. Absolutely correct. But in game, all I have is a blank entry in the civilopedia with no leader. The civ name is right, but all the text is gone. The civ also isn't listed as playable. Any advice?
Xodus Jul 19, 2013 @ 7:30am 
Originally posted by jos.jeapes:
Originally posted by huskermdl:
you probaly havent told the database to update, a common mistake for begginers
Ahh thanks, just what I did wrong =]
InappropriateName Aug 12, 2013 @ 4:03pm 
Originally posted by danzo07:
What's wrong with steam? And what's with this 2k crap?
InappropriateName Aug 12, 2013 @ 4:03pm 
Originally posted by reeseb0321:
please help i cant load the game at all and i bought it for 30 bucks
What shows up when you load the game?
It could be an installation problem!
ol.svyat Aug 20, 2013 @ 10:02am 
Где найти мануал для SDK на русском?
Mr.SirDrProfessorFirebat Oct 24, 2013 @ 1:55pm 
Originally posted by danzo07:
Thats no reason to hate steam their the delivery system pal
hafreher Oct 25, 2013 @ 8:48am