View the 2012 entries
You can watch the submissions below. Voting ended on Nov. 27 at 12:00am GMT and the winners were revealed on Nov. 30th on www.teamfortress.com.
For complete contest details click here.
Beginners (but not a N00b) Nov 24, 2012 @ 7:43am
Why u no strange
Okay, a Saxxy is great and good but when its not strange its useless! So pls say me what do u think:
Strange Saxxy or not?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Slycoopermajor Nov 24, 2012 @ 8:26am 
Strange saxxys? THAT SOUNDS AWESOME! But its a (number) of a kind statue that hardly anyone has ,so its far from useless.
[Linux] dm Nov 24, 2012 @ 9:35am 
Originally posted by Slycoopermajor:
Strange saxxys? THAT SOUNDS AWESOME! But its a (number) of a kind statue that hardly anyone has ,so its far from useless.
I guess he wants it to count the times it's owner has won.
Knusperfrosch Nov 25, 2012 @ 10:31am 
Huh? What is it with people and their stupid fascination with strange weapons? Get over it.

Winning a SAXXY is the achievement! That it's usable in-game as a weapon is IMO inconsequential. Saying, "Meh, I won a Saxxy, but it's not a Strange, therefore I don't care." is the height of arrogance.

Now, if you're asking Valve to implement a counter so that people who repeatedly win a Saxxy don't get a second (or third, etc.) Saxxy statue, but the Saxxy shows how many times you have won, that makes sense. Given that these are only the 2nd Annual Saxxy Awards, it wasn't really a pressing matter last year, though. And I would assume that for fairness' sake you cannot win two Saxxys for two different videos at once during the same year even if you sent in more than one video.

But there is no need to make a Saxxy a Strange weapon just to put a counter "How many Saxxy Awards won" on it. Merasmus' skull island topper hat from this year's Scream Fortress 2012 event counts what level Merasmus the owner has helped kill; does it just fine without the need to make the hat a strange item.
Badass Kermit Nov 25, 2012 @ 2:07pm 
well what they could do is give you a normal saxxy that has nothing changed to it, then when you win again, it will go strange, and from there on it will count how many times you won.
Ratchet |Haskell is suffering Nov 26, 2012 @ 3:58pm 
Why you no less cancerous.

And what's it to ya, it's not like you have one, or uploaded anything to care in the first place.
Beginners (but not a N00b) Nov 26, 2012 @ 7:00pm 
Yes must i have a saxxy to want a strange saxxy?
Mad Cow Nov 27, 2012 @ 2:54pm 
put strange saxxy in crate 50 or 60! lol
Beginners (but not a N00b) Nov 27, 2012 @ 9:52pm 
Nah. Crate 50 will be a winter crate it think
Hallowed Pumpkin Nov 29, 2012 @ 3:20pm 
The saxxy's wont drop for people who think they can get their way by being a little ♥♥♥♥♥ that just wants it for a strange. You have to earn these things. So get out.
DeathKnight Nov 29, 2012 @ 4:29pm 
their is no way you can't not get strange saxxy that for the winner only
Beginners (but not a N00b) Nov 29, 2012 @ 6:14pm 
Yes ._.
I want it for the winners not dat Saxxys are in a crate ._.
Corps Veil: Veiler of Fortune Nov 29, 2012 @ 6:34pm 
I think the winner would enjoy it.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50