Dota 2

Create or find the best new items
Create and submit new items (such as armor, weapons, clothing, Couriers, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Or help identify the best by rating up your favorites. Submission Guidelines
Salynrad Nov 23, 2012 @ 6:36am
Death Prophet Ultimate Skinning & Misc. slot Texture animation
Hey there. I'm still working on my Set for Death Prophet and I think I came up with a semi decent Idea for a replacement for her ultimate. The only problem is that I don't know which armature I have to skin it to as there clearly is no separate armature for it in the files on the requirements page.

Should I decompile the game files to find a fitting armature or is it somehow skinned to the standard Death Prophet one included in the files on the requirements page?

My second problem is that I'd really like to have my item for the misc. Slot (the Dress Scraps flying around) animated in the same way they are on the standard Misc. Item. Is there any good tutorial or information out there how to accomplish this?

Thank you for your help and have a nice day!

On a side note: I'm giving away ONE free DotA2 key if somebody wants one of those
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Mr.Bob Nov 23, 2012 @ 6:47am 
ok
Salynrad Nov 23, 2012 @ 6:49am 
what do you mean with ok?
Pina Nov 23, 2012 @ 7:14am 
Hi there.
Let's see if I got it right, you want to replace the ghosts that she launches? I checked the files and animations and it seems like the ghosts do have a separate skeleton.
As for the dress scraps open the model and check how they are modelled. Sometimes with physics for capes, scarfs and other stuff they are modelled flat in X, Y or Z. The best way is to check the Polycount forums for people doing the Death Prophet and see how they did it.
Salynrad Nov 23, 2012 @ 7:21am 
Thank you. I'll start decompiling the dP files right away to get that skeleton.

I already did that for the Misc Slot and In general I understand how they animated it (the UV is moved along the texture Space for a certain value each Timestep) I just can't find out how I can integrate this into the .Qc file or where ever I would have to "write" that the UV should be moved slowly along the U Axis.

I also have searched the Source developers wiki but wasn't able to find what I am searching for.

Thank you for your quick response
Pina Nov 23, 2012 @ 7:59am 
No problem. If you want I can send you the files since I have it all decompiled to test my items.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 23, 2012 @ 6:36am