Dota 2
Create or find the best new items
Create and submit new items (such as armor, weapons, clothing, Couriers, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Or help identify the best by rating up your favorites.
Læs mere
InfernO 19. nov. 2012 kl. 22:13
want to start creating items, where to start?
I've been inspired by the item designs I've seen in the workshop and I wanted to become apart of it. However, I'm not really sure where to start and I am completely new with using model programs and it seems very complicated but am willing to learn. Can someone please help me get started? Thank you. :D
< >
Viser 1-4 af 4 kommentarer
Salynrad 16 20. nov. 2012 kl. 15:47 
Well if you want to create an Item I'd recomend first reading the SUBMISSION GUIDELINES and of course the REQUIREMENTS PAGE as those contain the Dota2 Specific information and some very helpful other ressources.

If you cannot model or texture yourself I'd strongly recommend joining one of the smaller community groups around here as most of them have tutorial or help sections, or a semi- active live chatroom. You should also consider asking others to help you create models or textures if you don't mind sharing credit.
Depending on which Modeling Tool you want to use there are lots of websites and Youtube channels dedicated to teaching how those work.

Hope this helped a little
InfernO 20. nov. 2012 kl. 16:34 
thanks for the help! :D
Panic! At The Costco 20. nov. 2012 kl. 22:19 
what do you mean by joining the smaller community groups? I have only started using this part of the steam workshop and completely new to modelling, I am not sure where to start looking. :(
Pina 11 23. nov. 2012 kl. 4:43 
This is a good place to start http://www.polycount.com/forum/
Lot's of tutorials, technical talks etc. plus, you have the on-going Polycount Dota2 contest where everyone is making and discussing item making.
< >
Viser 1-4 af 4 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato opslået: 19. nov. 2012 kl. 22:13