Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
slouken Nov 16, 2012 @ 4:37pm
New Item Import Tool Beta
As of today we’ve launched a new Team Fortress 2 Item Import Tool. This new tool will improve the process of getting your items in game and submitting them to the workshop. You can see whether your submission is within budget, check for errors, preview the item, and make quick changes all before submitting to the Steam Workshop. Best of all it’s available all in one location: inside the game! Just go to the Workshop, click the "Publish New Item" button, and then click "Import".

Q: Do I need to use this new process to submit items to the workshop?
A: As we move forward and add features to the Import Tool, all authors will be required to submit items through this new process. We recommend that you use this process on new items and items you have already created as it will validate your item for import into the game. Not all types of items are supported yet and you may still use the previous method for submitting items.

Q: I have feedback on the import process, where do I send it?
A: You can send feedback directly to the Team Fortress team via the Contact Form.

Q: Does the import tool support custom VMT and QC files?
A: The preview panel has an advanced section that allows you to edit QC and VMT files. You can type or paste in your own customizations and the tool will validate that it has all the components necessary to make the item functional in game. Your changes will be immediately visible in the preview when you save them.
Showing 1-15 of 586 comments
< >
TheManInTheFedora Nov 18, 2012 @ 12:20pm 
sounds like a good idea to me, too many items seem to be getting rejected
Vinyl Scratch™ 1 Nov 27, 2012 @ 9:57pm 
will we finally be able to download the models and have them easily replace specific misc/hat/weapons instead of just looking at them in pictures?

when we can do that, then I'll be happy
Last edited by Vinyl Scratch™; Nov 27, 2012 @ 9:58pm
Katros Dec 1, 2012 @ 7:46am 
I agree with slouken.Also Valve should have a made an item importing tool,for the games located in steam from the very beggining.It would have made things much easier in my opinion.
Elegantly Light Bulb 17 Dec 1, 2012 @ 2:59pm 
What? I just got used to the one we have now. I'm not sure if I'm going to like this. I'm having a go now.

I don't get it. Is there documentation for this? My model comes up as just error, while it works just fine the original way. Maybe someone knowledgeable can help? I'll be doomed if we completely convert to this.
Last edited by Elegantly Light Bulb; Dec 1, 2012 @ 3:09pm
Touchmate-Kenan In Lebanon Dec 3, 2012 @ 2:30am 
How do i get it??
]TPG[ emrfish 22 Dec 4, 2012 @ 5:50am 
Originally posted by Vinyl Scratch™:
will we finally be able to download the models and have them easily replace specific misc/hat/weapons instead of just looking at them in pictures?

when we can do that, then I'll be happy

The purpose of the tf2 workshop is not to provide mods, but to provide valve with new potential items for the game. Some users, however, will provide a mod download.
taco Dec 5, 2012 @ 8:57am 
Can the import beta be used for weapons? I'm not seeing an option for them.
HEAD HUNTER *Kinguin Dec 13, 2012 @ 4:30am 
крутоо
✪Chief Dec 14, 2012 @ 7:34am 
then i'll be happy too ;)
jnazaren 2 Dec 21, 2012 @ 12:09pm 
For some reason, tf2 crashed after I imported an obj model into the import tool and clicked "preview". Any idea why???
Vivien Dec 22, 2012 @ 11:42am 
Is this tool available for the mac version of TF2? Thanks
the master man Jan 1, 2013 @ 8:03am 
cool i nice it
]TPG[ emrfish 22 Jan 4, 2013 @ 2:56pm 
What "contact form" are you speaking of? I need to know because the tool has been broken ever since (or maybe even before) the mecha engineer update.
vihan Jan 21, 2013 @ 7:56am 
упс
Uncle Grumpskin 46 Feb 8, 2013 @ 4:17am 
valve should definately have weapon support for this tool
Showing 1-15 of 586 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50