Team Fortress 2
Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
pollution_skunk Oct 4, 2012 @ 1:59pm
Achievments on Workshop, anyone?
Well, this idea originated from other thread I made in the general TF2 forums, but's let get to the point: How about a new Workshop category dedicated to fan-made achievments or achievment packs? It would work like this:

Sample Image - Proposed in-game icon or, in case of packs, some random icon that represents it.

In the page - SFM video of how can it be acquired in-game, Steam Achievments description, complete description (much like the official TF2 Wiki), requirements (class, equipment, map, event, etc.) and in-game icons for each achievment in a pack.

So, what about it? Would an Achievments category be a cool adition to the Workshop?
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Professional Spycrab Hunter 7 Oct 5, 2012 @ 12:32am 
*facepalm*

No. No it wouldn't. The Workshop is a tool, not a game.

It's like making Achievements for the Source SDK of SFM.
pollution_skunk Oct 5, 2012 @ 1:33am 
Originally posted by Professional Spycrab Hunter:
*facepalm*

Read the post, please. I'm not saying that the Workshop would have achievments of its own, but rather that fans could create their own achievments and achievment packs via the Workshop. I now the title is a bit confusing, but still...

BTW, Game Maker has Achievments, and it's a software tool, not a game.
Professional Spycrab Hunter 7 Oct 5, 2012 @ 11:28am 
Originally posted by potatogui:
Originally posted by Professional Spycrab Hunter:
*facepalm*

Read the post, please. I'm not saying that the Workshop would have achievments of its own, but rather that fans could create their own achievments and achievment packs via the Workshop. I now the title is a bit confusing, but still...

BTW, Game Maker has Achievments, and it's a software tool, not a game.

Okay, I read it, which I didn't do before thanks to your confusing title. And my answer is still no. Because the Workshop is for finished ideas only, not for ideas that Valve has to execute completely themselves. If you can actually script them, go ahead.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2012 @ 1:59pm