I released the BEE MOD just the other day
almost a year ago now and it is almost bug free :D
download it nowhttp://portal2backstock.com/bee
I also just released the BEE2 (alpha) with Carl Kenner, which provides all the awesome features of the BEEMOD with the added ability to change your palette and add other people's custom items to your palette.
download that now @http://portal2backstock.com/bee2
The website is migrating right now, so actually grab the BEE2 herehttp://forums.thinkingwithportals.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=2781
To see some of the chambers people have already made using this mod click HERE!
The BEEMOD 1.05 automatic installer has been downloaded over 1000 times!
I highly recomend also checking out these other PTI mods:
- Carl Kenner's Style Mod - Integrates with your Puzzlemaker to allow you to build puzzles in other styles other than Clean. Get it HERE
- HWM's PTI Extension - Adds new items to your PTI Palette, including visual gates, portal magnets, and more!.... Get HERE... http://forums.thinkingwithportals.com/post77612.html#p77612
- FGEMOD (Felix Griffin's Editor Mod) - allows your to change the layout and add new items to the PTI all by yourself... get it HERE[forums.thinkingwithportals.com]
Over 5 months ago I stopped working on the BEE2 interface, because I had buggy code and I wanted to start over, but I never found the motivation, so I had been working on Back-Stock.
I actually was starting to think that I should just scrap the whole BEE2, there really isn't a need for it.
I'm a huge supporter of Hammer, and I think everyone should learn it, but I understand some aren't tech savvy, and some people don't have time (those are lame excuses that you guys give me when I ask why you don't use hammer).
The PTI is a great tool for quickly prototyping puzzle ideas, and really should never be used to build the base of maps to be edited in Hammer.
For a while I also planned on using the BEE2 to decrease block size, so that you could create 1/2, and 1/4th walls. I've decided against this, because there isn't much gained from this feature, and anyone who really wants those type of walls, might as-well just use hammer :D
Many of you know Carl Kenner, the creator of the PTI StyleMod. Carl did a fantastic job incorporating BEEMOD items into his mod, so if you haven't yet, go check that out.
Well Carl and myself are teaming up to deliver a new PTI mod.
This mod will be basically what I planned for the BEE2, I just felt like letting you guys know its actually happening.
I've picked up on my old interface editor, and have already worked out many of the bugs that plagued me when I put it on the shelf. It is still a ways away from release (quite a ways).
I'll give you some information on what Carl and myself plan for this new mod.
- Palette editing! You can now choose from a bucket of items what you want on your palette!
- Choose your style! Change the VBSP style, and hand pick the style of each item you are using.
- New Items! We'll be delivering some new items to aid your design of brain twisting puzzles, and adding aesthetic value.
- Dynamic Bucket! Now anyone skilled in hammer can create new PTI items, and import them into the interface editor's bucket to be added to your palette.
The BEE2 interface is nearly done, now I'm going to be focusing on creating new items.
Here is a list of planned Items:
- New Dropper containing
- Catapult Cube
- Working Turret
- Broken Turret
- Boxed Turret
- Bomb Dispenser
- Upgrade Portal gun item
- Laser Fizzler
- Vactubes for transportation of Gels, Cubes, and Player
- Wheatley Monitor
- Security Cameras
- Wide Catapult
- Portalable Piston
- Coop Checkpoints
- Spinny Blade Hazard
- Voxel Sized Crushers
The website is temporarily down during a web host transfer, it should be back up by April 14th 2013
in the meantime, I've copied this from the website, so you can still download the BEE
Here is the manual installation files http://www.gamefront.com/files/22141010/BEE+1.05.rar
For the manual installation, merge the enclosed portal 2 directory, with your existing “portal 2″ directory and overwrite all changes. you will find the portal 2 directory here \Steam\steamapps\common\
If it is impossible to download from gamefront, download @Dropbox. Raw Files[dl.dropbox.com] – Automatic Installer[dl.dropbox.com]. Please only do this if necessary, it throws off the download count.
Here is the automatic installer
Its been a long time coming, and now its here, the BEE2 Alpha .2!
bugs are to be expected, this version is for people who don't mind getting their hands dirty for the sake of science!http://portal2backstock.com/bee2