Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Noacool99 18 Jun 20, 2012 @ 2:42pm
One special way to kill a turret
I need help figuring out a way to kill a turret in a special way, put your idea of a special way to kill a turret.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Soup Calhoun 78 Jun 20, 2012 @ 3:02pm 
The most complicated turret killing mechanic that I have used is a sphere dropper that drops temporary spheres that land on a faith plate that gives the sphere momentum. It is essentially a cannon.
carl.kenner 9 Jun 21, 2012 @ 4:09am 
I kill them with exploding barrels in http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=73864297 my DooM levels. But exploding barrels aren't a normal part of Portal 2. In my levels I also use a sphere coated in blue gel, blue gel itself, a laser and redirection cube, picking them up, dropping dead turrets on them, hitting them with dead turrets/cubes/physics props, walking into them, falling on them, and the normal popping a portal underneath them.
Last edited by carl.kenner; Jun 27, 2012 @ 7:07pm
carl.kenner 9 Jun 21, 2012 @ 4:14am 
In other levels, some people use diversity vents to kill turrets. Perhaps you could suck them out into space, or to the moon. You could kill them with high-energy particles from Portal 1. Maybe a rocket turret? Water? Mashy spike plates? Turret redemption lines? Fire? Crushers? Infinite falls? Can you make the turret assembly machine play it's animation backwards?
Noacool99 18 Jun 21, 2012 @ 1:03pm 
Originally posted by carl.kenner:
In other levels, some people use diversity vents to kill turrets. Perhaps you could suck them out into space, or to the moon. You could kill them with high-energy particles from Portal 1. Maybe a rocket turret? Water? Mashy spike plates? Turret redemption lines? Fire? Crushers? Infinite falls? Can you make the turret assembly machine play it's animation backwards?
I dont have hammer right now, but i will soon
Stagger Lee 65 Jun 21, 2012 @ 2:37pm 
The most fun way I have used is having a sphere coated in blue gel and let it bounce around like a basketball where the turrets are.
Dackie_Murphy 14 Jun 21, 2012 @ 4:24pm 
Geneosis 89 Jun 27, 2012 @ 9:22am 
Well, jaxht97 actually started to make "42 ways to kill a turret" maps ^^
But if you want some maps I made where you have to kill turrets, try the Champions Towers, Neverending Pain and Like a Ninja ;)
toncica 35 Jun 28, 2012 @ 6:44pm 
My map was specifically designed around one special way to kill a turret. To my amazement none of the test players figured it out. Now I've added hints in the description, in the map (easter egg), and a solution video to limit the confusion. It's really puzzling how nobody thought of this method before.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=78836581
Ciirulean Jun 29, 2012 @ 6:50pm 
Revolve it around the Goldberg guy. Chain reaction that has far too many steps.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 20, 2012 @ 2:42pm