Portal 2
Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Μάθετε περισσότερα
Story With Hammer rules over PeTI Rollercoasters!
What is with this new 5-Star rollercoaster style? These rollercoasters aren't exactly golden jewels (or jewelen gold) so stop promoting rollercoasters to the point where they're #1. A better style would be story, seriously. Would you rather fall for ever on an obstacle course or play a well made story? I mean Portal 2 Levels were MADE with the Hammer World Editor. So those of you with Hammer (and it's not really as complicated as people say it is) start make levels with plots. Not levels were you ride a roller coster for the rest of your life.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-5 από 5 σχόλια
Frankly, I'd love to see tests categorized as rollercoasters and give us the ability to ignore them all. I don't make it a habit to rate tests, but a great test will get a 'thumbs up' from me. On the other hand, as soon as I realize I'm on a rollercoaster I immediatelt rate the test chamber with a 'thumbs down' and skip to the next level. Rollercoasters should be banned from PeTI.
Guess what?
They will never be banned.
You know why?
Because a lot of people like them.
SO a couple whiny people aren't going to get a type of map banned.
I know that very well. And frankly I thought that this discussion was dead! I have no recollection of making this at all (allthough I do agree with my past self). And I'm not trying to get those roller coaster making people banned, I'm just saying that there really is no room for them in the PeTI.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Ciirulean; 27 Δεκ 2012, 14:30
Why not simply allow the ability for testers who don't like them to filter them out? As far as whether they're appropriate for PeTI, I think the argument against rollercoasters is that they're simply not tests. There can't be a reasonable argument that they are.
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από *****:
Why not simply allow the ability for testers who don't like them to filter them out? As far as whether they're appropriate for PeTI, I think the argument against rollercoasters is that they're simply not tests. There can't be a reasonable argument that they are.
Nor should there be.
I'm not sure why people say "there isn't room."
After all, this workshop has already shown there is.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από PentaPenta; 4 Ιαν 2013, 16:04
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-5 από 5 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50

Ημ/νία ανάρτησης: 19 Ιουν 2012, 14:57
Αναρτήσεις: 5