Naval War: Arctic Circle
Create and discover new missions
With access to all the awesome units and features in the game, you can create your own missions anywhere on the North Atlantic Ocean. Share your work with other admirals, and find new missions to test your naval strategies. Click here to learn more.
Moore_Actual Jun 7, 2012 @ 2:34pm
Now all they need is a save function...
...and this game will be just about perfect. The Editor looks a bit confusing, but I'm sure with enough fiddleing with it, I'll be able to figure it out sooner or later.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Zukas Jun 8, 2012 @ 3:40am 
I hope more strategy games will have such funtion ;) awesome stuff. And yes, we need that.
Piejoe21 1 Jun 8, 2012 @ 6:49pm 
if you need anyhelp, just contact, ive figured it all out
Moore_Actual Jun 9, 2012 @ 7:22am 
Well it seems pretty straight foward. A Wiki with all of the like...(This is pretty difficult just to explain) entinity names for Planes, ammo, etc...that kinda stuff, would be pretty cool.
Darkmsx Jun 11, 2012 @ 7:58am 
What i dont understand is why the game need so much ressources even if you had turn of the 3D Modus.....
Moore_Actual Jun 11, 2012 @ 2:29pm 
A bit of bad codeing I'm sure.
Rognpaasen Jun 15, 2012 @ 1:54am 
The game needs a lot of resources not because of bad coding, but because of a lot of coding. The game takes into account the curvature of the earth, water temperatures (makes it harder or easier to find subs) weather, waves, and everything else that affects missiles and radar/sonar in a real life setting.
Darkmsx Jun 20, 2012 @ 12:50pm 
How do you know that? Theres nothing said about that mass of data?
Moore_Actual Jun 20, 2012 @ 2:37pm 
Originally posted by Darkmsx@Clansuche:
How do you know that? Theres nothing said about that mass of data?
Very true, even if the game woulden't does count for all of that junk, it woulden't effect it that much.
Tiger313 Jun 22, 2012 @ 6:19am 
Savegame would be nice, yes. I don't always have hours to play. :S
Fuby Jun 25, 2012 @ 10:08am 
SAve function needed to continue play.
tyler.durden Jul 7, 2012 @ 5:17am 
Originally posted by Rognpaasen:
The game needs a lot of resources not because of bad coding, but because of a lot of coding. The game takes into account the curvature of the earth, water temperatures (makes it harder or easier to find subs) weather, waves, and everything else that affects missiles and radar/sonar in a real life setting.
Yeah, where did you hear that?
I believe they have issues with "bad" programming. There's something wrong with the thread system, or they try to simulate every sonar individually instead of simulating ALL the sonar effects combined. This means that each sonar must have it's own thread, or at least every 2-10 sonars have it's own thread. This will easily lead to a deadlock at some point. I really don't think that is the way to do it (unless they program this in CUDA or something where you have many cores to handle each sonar group/flightgroup). They should also have made it purely 64bit, just to be able to handle some more memory. So in my opinion they have made some bad decisions (including the lack of the save function) that I think they will have a hard time fixing.

To be playing for 4 hours straight, and then having the game crash without any save functionality is just a gamekiller for me.
Last edited by tyler.durden; Jul 7, 2012 @ 5:18am
JimClarke Oct 13, 2012 @ 7:01am 
I would say, due to performance fixes such as missile radars only now having the lead missile with active radar, that tyler.durden is correct.

There is simply so much going on that even very good PCs start to lag. Ive bene playing a lot of Hearts of Iron 3 recently, and CK2, (recently became a hopeless addict of the games of Paradox) and those games can lag on my usually good enough PC, and simply because there are a LOT of dice rolls going on. This game is possibly even more complicated in this way.

This is why when governments play virtual wargames , they do it with the most powerful supercomputers in the world, and they still have virtually no bearing on reality...
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 7, 2012 @ 2:34pm