Portal 2

Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Lue lisää
Turrets Ideas
You know what I don't get? You can get shot as much as you freaking want but you don't die. I mean what kind of sick joke is this? You're standing in front of a turret then BLAM! BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM! And you're still alive? You took 30 freaking bullets in your spleen, you turn the corner and you recover in 3 seconds? I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make sense.

Then I was thinking about turret STYLES. You saw the aperture investment about the various colors. What if you could select one of those and add them to your turret? They should also have different comments:
Normal Turret: Target acquired! Shutting down...
Camo Turret: You cant see me! You cant see m...

Then you should be able to place that fat turret that sings. Minus the singing. It's bullets would be a LOT stronger, it would be harder to knock over with a cube, and you can hardly pick it up. So basically a heavier turret.

You should also be able to create defective turrets and boxed ones and the ones who are sideways etc.

Then my finale idea: The turret dropper! One of those tube things that drop turrets. Except they wouldn't fall over and die when they hit the ground.

I hope you hate my- err... like my ideas so please comment. And play my levels.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/portalindustial/myworkshopfiles/
< >
Näytetään 1-13 / 13 kommentista
Hi! I know, it's very unrealistic, but neither is the portal gun. :P Aside from that, if it was realistic, then you would die VERY fast. Valve made it that way so you know where the turret is, so the maps aren't hard, and so you don't get fustrated every time you make a mistake. I like your turret ideas though. Hope that helped you understand.
The turrets are used to prevent the player advance, not to kill (in my opinion)
I was think in a turret dropper too, but in the game the more near to the idea was a tubes that leave then in the floor... with a turret dispenser the turrets will fall down automatically...
ninjamunkey7 lähetti viestin:
Hi! I know, it's very unrealistic, but neither is the portal gun. :P Aside from that, if it was realistic, then you would die VERY fast. Valve made it that way so you know where the turret is, so the maps aren't hard, and so you don't get frustrated every time you make a mistake. I like your turret ideas though. Hope that helped you understand.

Camo as in the forest design.
Meh, ninjamunkey's got a point, if it were too realistic it wouldn't be fun. I personally wouldn't like dying cheaply because you didn't notice a turret and there isn't enough time to back off before you die... A turret dropper, however, is an excellent idea, imho
HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE A TURRET!? Is it possible? They have a glowing red eye and have a laser pointer to see! Then they talk to you when they see you!
I now have different styles of turrets in my DooM levels ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=73864297 ). There are green zombie turrets that don't knock you back when they hit you and won't shoot through portals, red and black shotgun sergeant turrets that do knock you back and will shoot through portals, and brown skeleton imp turrets that will shoot through portals but don't knock you back. I would have added some turrets that did more damage, but there weren't any of the powerful monsters in the first two DooM levels.
The rocket turret could be the cyberdemon. If turrets could walk, they would be adorable arachnotrons.
Games names:
Worlds Smallest http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=74406010
Turrents Aquired http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=74915935
Laser Catcher http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=76058873
WARNING: For "Laser Catcher" most rooms u enter are difficult but rewarding when finished. You use few reflector cubes. Up for the challenge?
Think of the bullets that turrets shoot as like, almost shot gun size but maybe a little bigger. You have to take alot of them to die.
If you want an instant kill, placing about 4-5 turrets in a row will kill you almost instantly.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on [ Dr. Glickenstine ]; 11.6.2012 klo 12.22
Yup that's what i have 9 turrents lined up near the exit. Check out my turrent games. I actually have 2 different kinds.
an energy ball turret would be cool too
.cry 30.7.2012 klo 0.20 
@Twice: I think you nailed it, the developers seem to want to avoid killing the player outright because dying and having to start over is just not fun. Instead they want to make it clear that you cannot advance without removing the threat. I think that's why they dropped the energy balls in Portal 2 and added the thermal discouragement beams.
Instead of a tube that directly drops it you could add a tractor beam to one side of the equation to give the turret a light fall, or a claw that comes down and leaves it.
< >
Näytetään 1-13 / 13 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 28.5.2012 klo 7.58