Portal 2
Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Ulteriori informazioni
Tutorial Demo Tools - Recording and playing
Portal 2 has an internal tool that records the movements of your gameplay. To be shown later, like the replay of a racing game. It is easy to use and very useful to show others users the way you solve a puzzle.

HOW TO PLAY A DEMO FILE*

1. Put .DEM file in "...Steam\steamapps\common\portal 2\portal2".
2. Press Shift+F2 to open Demoplayback and open file.
Or in game console put "playdemo NAMEFILE".

HOW TO RECORD A DEMO FILE*

1. In game console put "record NAMEFILE" to start recording.
2. In game console put "stop" to stop recording.
3. The .dem file are saved in "...Steam\steamapps\common\portal 2\portal2"

Important:
*The console must be enabled in game options
*If the map is changed, the .DEM files recorded before the update does not work anymore. Unless the old map is in the cache folder Portal 2.

More info in Valve Demo Recording Tools:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMPLE FILES:

1. Subscribe this map.
2. Download the Demo record files[dl.dropbox.com] for this map.
3. Follow "How to Play a demo file" instructions above.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good recordings,
PsychoBR

// Play my Map Pack: Damn Turrets.
Ultima modifica da PsychoBR; 6 ago 2012, ore 8:33
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-5 commenti su 5
I hope this works...I can't wait to try.
Hmmm I avoided theses console commands, or the “startmovie FILENAME avi” for windowed mode, because I didn’t want to have to mess about converting .dem files to .avi.

However I just had another look into the issue and it seems that the primary cause of this issue is not Fraps at all - it’s making sure the playback and recording default formats in Windows are both the same i.e. 24 bit, 48000Hz (Studio Quality). Or that the audio part of the movie is longer than the video and needs ‘resizing’ to match the video part (although this may simply be caused by the same Windows audio issue).

Later today when I have time I will install 64-bit fraps and upload the video to YouTube etc. and let you know if it works!

PsychoBR - thank you for your well-formatted and informative reply, I will check out your workshop files eventually when I have the time. Thank you :)
thanks, this should really help me out
Possible addition for anyone doing challenge mode or just wants to restart levels quickly without redoing demo commands. You can use this:
bind r "stop;restart_level;record my_demo"
This is helpful in challenge mode because recording a normal demo will automatically add .4 seconds to your time. As a person who has been .01 seconds from people in portal 2, this is very helpful.
Cant find the demo anywhere, I have mac
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-5 commenti su 5
Per pagina: 1530 50

Data di pubblicazione: 17 mag 2012, ore 5:15