Portal 2
Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
เรียนรู้เพิ่มเติม
Fun Floating with Frankencubes (and commentary)
So yeah, here's my map. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=72337213 Shameless self-promotion? Well, partially, but I wanted to write some commentary on how I made the level and how Valve needs to improve the level editor. And the descripition box doesn't have enough space.

Warning: I may spoil details of the test chamber below, so if you don't want to be spoiled, check it out before reading.
---
The intial thought for this level was that you press the button and trhe trapdoor falls below you feet, landing in the tractor beam. Turns out you can't do that because the button won't go there. So cometh my first suggestion: guys, you don't need to make the placement of things so restricted - putting a button next to a trapdoor won't break the level. At all.
Still, I still think it's a cool effect. All of Portal has a "no turning back" theme, and I think it adds to that. I guess you could argue that it's reduntant as to the doors seal behind you... hmm...

Acid presents a problem, because you can't have multiple pools of acid on top of each other, otherwise the area before will be treated like acid and then SUPRISE INSTADEATH. That's why the laser room has er ... so many lasers. It looks okay, but, Gabe, if you hear me? Fix it pretty please?

Also, the signage is an interesting one. I like the fact the game auto generates indicators on what buttons do etc, but I think it's a shame you have no control at all. I was intially going to to have a big bridge appear when you press the time button in the final area, but the result was a clusterfranken of signs. EVERYWHERE. So I made a smaller bridge in the opposite direction as a result ...which looks okay, but I still wish I could make the timers not show for the indivdual platforms.

The frankencubes were added pretty late, when I realised it would present an added anno...challenge to prevent the frankencube from falling off. Because I'm super nice like that. They are cool looking though, just creepy enough not to be completely adorable. Maybe Wheately wanted them as pets? I'm not sure myself, and I'm defintely not sure how my cat would react.
---
So yeah, Valve, get to work, with a liberal application of reverse Valve time. Also, I love you.

Did you play the level? Comments? Suggestions? Feedback? Cake recipe? Post them right here, or on the workshop page itself. Thanks for reading, over and out.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-7 จาก 7 ความเห็น
No actually I didn't play the levels, in fact I didn't even read what you wrote. Besides that last paragraph because I'm too lazy.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย C. Peter:
No actually I didn't play the levels, in fact I didn't even read what you wrote. Besides that last paragraph because I'm too lazy.

You're joking, right? Even stating that is a gigantic waste of time.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย NateDude:

You're joking, right? Even stating that is a gigantic waste of time.
You made my day.
You CAN make the pools taller, if that's what you were trying to do...
What I was actually trying to to is to have two pools of acid and a space inbetween them. They fixed it, so you can now.
Actually i wasn't joking.
Actually i wasn't joking.

Thanks for telling us. My life is so enriched with this knowledge.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-7 จาก 7 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50