Portal 2
Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Подробнее
New Items in Puzzle Builder
I know that the purpose of the authoring tools and the test creator are different and that the idea isn't to recreate hammer, but i was still wondering whether some new items would be added to the puzzle builder at a later stage.

If that does happen, what items would you like to see added to the puzzle builder?

Some things i would like to see would be categories: normal, decay, office, industrial. What i mean with that is would like to see items grouped into those categories (maybe using tabs which wouldn't clutter anything) and then have the current set of items in normal. Have a decayed version under decay. Have the objects you usually find in the offices under office and have the behind-the-mirror industrial items under industrial.

One ability i would also like to see added would be to drag the indicator lights where i want them to be. :-)

What do you think?
< >
Сообщения 115 из 71
Yeah the items need to be expounded a bit. I personally think that they need to include stuff for Old Aperture. They also need to put in some cores or at least defective turrets. I would also like to see if they could implement the behind the scenes stuff like the catwalks and the cube distribution system.
I'd love to see something like this. With over 40,000 maps already made, it's safe to say almost any possible test chamber layout has already been done by someone in one way or another. Being able to switch between various chamber themes (wheatly's chambers for example) would be a great way to add variety instead of having "just another white and grey chamber".

Item-wise, I'd like to see them throw in portal activators (for single portal guns), windows for glass panels to shoot portals through, and of course crushers :P
Oh yeah, completly forgot, really needs to have the crushers.
i think they also need to add doors, i really miss those while editing maps. and they also must make a way in which only one of the buttons must be pressed to activate something, because right now all buttons must be pressed.
also, co-op maps would be nice.
I think that the faith plate must to be with switchable flight path
Logic gates. With the actual editor, we have to use lasers to make logic gates, and cubes and funnels to make timers. Not very helpful ... Also, I would like to be able to switch the type of connections : points, shapes or invisible.
Use Hammer if you need more. That's simple.
In Puzzle maker only I need security cameras.
Well, the entire point of the level editor is that Valve knows that not everyone wants to use Hammer. Which is fair enough really. So adding more complexity to the PTI wouldn't be a bad thing.
More stuff in PTI can be BIG problem, because maps from PTI are not optimized. They need high game quality and more stuff = less fps. If you need more, you must use hammer and know more about mapping. And other problems.
Well, yes, but then it's just a case of imposing stuff limits so people's levels don't melt their computers in a huge puddle of metal.

Most of the ideas here - logic gates, new items, types of connections, do make sense and aren't going to affect the fps of maps. I do think PTI ought to be limited to just standard test chambers though. If you want to make something more artisic, then yes, you should use Hammer.
Hammer is more for scripts than "art". Maps art, you can do even in Google SketchUp, is better than Hammer for "art".
They, Valve just did two tools. PTI and Hammer and you can choose what is better for you. What you want more?
I miss these little holes in glass walls so I can place a portal on the other side.
and does anyone knows what happens to that
< >
Сообщения 115 из 71
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Дата создания: 17 мая. 2012 г. в 0:10