Arma 3

Discover the best community content
Get the most out of your game with Steam Workshop. Find and install player-created scenarios, or create your own and upload it directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
JM Sep 27, 2013 @ 3:55pm
The Steam Workshop integration is genius.
Being able to go directly into the workshop page in-game and directly download a mission into the game is pure genius. It's a simple yet effective way for people to share their content.

And I love Valve for it.

(I know this is a very "well, duh" post).
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
fight9 Sep 27, 2013 @ 4:15pm 
It's going to work the same way for mods in the future too.
JM Sep 27, 2013 @ 4:28pm 
Originally posted by fight9:
It's going to work the same way for mods in the future too.

Even better.
oxmox Sep 27, 2013 @ 4:41pm 
I prefer the forum section for modifactions on websites...the search filter in the workshop is very limited and you have to find all those mods again if you want to unsubscribe it. But neverless a nice feature for a quick search...
fight9 Sep 27, 2013 @ 4:43pm 
Originally posted by oxmox:
I prefer the forum section for modifactions on websites...the search filter in the workshop is very limited and you have to find all those mods again if you want to unsubscribe it. But neverless a nice feature for a quick search...

There is a subscribed button on the right that brings up a list of everything you are subscribed to.
oxmox Sep 27, 2013 @ 4:50pm 

There is a subscribed button on the right that brings up a list of everything you are subscribed to.

Thank you again hehe, btw the workshop has not all mods listed what you find on forums. At least I could not find them with the search filter, therefore I always check the official forums or armaholic.
fight9 Sep 27, 2013 @ 4:52pm 
The workshop doesnt have any mods yet. Its something they are planning for the future. For now its only missions.
JM Sep 27, 2013 @ 5:07pm 

Thank you again hehe, btw the workshop has not all mods listed what you find on forums. At least I could not find them with the search filter, therefore I always check the official forums or armaholic.

Yeah, no mods on Workshop. For that I use Armaholic. But for missions, Workshop is awesome.
Scaramanga Oct 10, 2013 @ 2:00pm 
sooner mods come the better :)
badbenny700 Oct 19, 2013 @ 6:58pm 
Give me ArmaHolic any day.
JM Oct 20, 2013 @ 7:36am 
Originally posted by badbenny700:
Give me ArmaHolic any day.
Why?
Hard Yellow Oct 21, 2013 @ 7:27am 
I doubt you'll see alot of the great mods ever put up here considering the terms of service you have to agree to.
Last edited by Hard Yellow; Oct 21, 2013 @ 8:37am
SpawN Nov 28, 2013 @ 1:23am 
The workshop is fantastic, how ever it is consistently re-downloading/updating the previously subscribed mission/s every time I start steam.
Once A3 has loaded up, then selecting scenarios it has to load all steam scenarios up again in the list. This is tedious.
fight9 Nov 28, 2013 @ 1:32am 
Originally posted by .cAs||SpawN:
The workshop is fantastic, how ever it is consistently re-downloading/updating the previously subscribed mission/s every time I start steam.
Once A3 has loaded up, then selecting scenarios it has to load all steam scenarios up again in the list. This is tedious.

One of the last few Dev build updates fixed this and added offline play. Expect to see it on stable build in the next couple of weeks.
Dwarden  [developer] Nov 29, 2013 @ 4:02pm 
yes, the upcoming update solves that and several other issues with workshop ...
we're sorry it took so long but we like to push Workshop boundaries
JM Nov 30, 2013 @ 1:44am 
Originally posted by Dwarden:
yes, the upcoming update solves that and several other issues with workshop ...
we're sorry it took so long but we like to push Workshop boundaries
A dev answered my thread <3

It's nice to see developers in the forums.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50