Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
MS IamPREZSTEVE Sep 16, 2013 @ 10:37am
Calling all AoE II: HD Steam Workshop content creators!
Starting today, the weekly Monday stream (1-3 PM PDT (GMT-7)) at twitch.tv/agefoempires will be all about featuring community-made content! If you have a favorite map, texture pack, custom scenario, or anything else on the Steam Workshop, post the links in this thread and we will feature them live on stream.

On Tuesdays, I post a recap of the mods highlighted on previous day's stream, which you can find here: http://www.ageofempires.com/blog/?cat=43
Last edited by MS IamPREZSTEVE; May 13 @ 5:10pm
Showing 1-15 of 167 comments
< >
Zetnus 44 Sep 16, 2013 @ 12:10pm 
Sounds like a great idea; can't wait to watch some of the videos.
I guess this is sort of a replacement for featuring content at http://ageofempires.com/news.html

Its definitely better, since with a livestream you can demonstrate the workshop content on the spot instead of just offering a description :)
known2own4sho 4 Sep 16, 2013 @ 6:58pm 
I'm a huge fan of jorgito_aqua27's unit reskin mod here Almost all the units were remodeled from scratch and look fantastic!

To install, you will have to download the unit skins from ModDb since steam didn't let the author upload .drs files. Then simply:

Open the folder Re-skin mod
Select and copy the files graphics.drs and interfac.drs
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\Data
Paste the files there, it will ask you if you want to overwrite the old files with the new ones (backup first!), so click on yes
Last edited by known2own4sho; Sep 16, 2013 @ 6:59pm
MS IamPREZSTEVE Sep 23, 2013 @ 3:19pm 
Thanks, known - this looks great. A meeting prevented the community content stream today, but I'll be hosting it tomorrow. Assuming I can get it working, I'll showcase this!
known2own4sho 4 Sep 23, 2013 @ 7:55pm 
No problem, work is work!

The easiest way to get the new unit reskins working is to backup and then simply replace graphics.drs and interfac.drs as I mentioned above. This way you won't touch any of your terrain textures (as I assume you want to keep your lava water).

You might then want to check out how the units look in a campagin or the scenario editor before diving into multiplayer as you may not recognize the units anymore!
known2own4sho 4 Sep 30, 2013 @ 7:28pm 
Well, any update on featuring this?
MS IamPREZSTEVE Oct 1, 2013 @ 10:17am 
We did a different stream yesterday since it was AoE II's birthday, but we'll be back with the regular community content stream next Monday.
Bassefrom 7 Oct 2, 2013 @ 12:36pm 
Originally posted by MSIamPREZSTEVE:
We did a different stream yesterday since it was AoE II's birthday, but we'll be back with the regular community content stream next Monday.

I saw you tried to play Kings Blood in the last stream. Unfortunately the latest patch (2.7-2.8) made it crash on start up :(
Last edited by Bassefrom; Oct 2, 2013 @ 12:36pm
MS IamPREZSTEVE Oct 7, 2013 @ 12:39pm 
@known2own4sho: if you happen to see this, I'll be using the unit re-skins today on stream, starting in 20 minutes!

@Bassefrom: nooooo! I hope it's playable again soon!

@Mandula: thanks for the recommendation! I'll play it today as well.
Bassefrom 7 Oct 7, 2013 @ 12:41pm 
@Bassefrom: nooooo! I hope it's playable again soon!

I think I managed to fix it temporarily. It was a problem with the initial start view that was introduced with the latest patches :)
MS IamPREZSTEVE Oct 7, 2013 @ 12:42pm 
@Bassefrom I'll try again today! Love the scenario :)
Bassefrom 7 Oct 7, 2013 @ 12:49pm 
@Bassefrom I'll try again today! Love the scenario :)

I'll try to join you this time!
Axle 3 Oct 7, 2013 @ 2:14pm 
Fun game, crossroads is definitely unique. I made a map of my own called Creamy Defense. Its single player but there's also a two player version.
Bassefrom 7 Oct 7, 2013 @ 2:27pm 
When Steam Workshop updates you have to change name of the file, otherwise it will cause error in the lobby. I updated to Kings Blood 0,8 and it should pop up in your folder. Was nice playing with you though!
Last edited by Bassefrom; Oct 7, 2013 @ 3:41pm
known2own4sho 4 Oct 7, 2013 @ 10:03pm 
@known2own4sho: if you happen to see this, I'll be using the unit re-skins today on stream, starting in 20 minutes!

Thanks for featuring this- jorgito_aqua27 certainly deserved the recognition! I couldn't watch live since I was at work but saw the VOD after. The author has mentioned in the workshop that he is waiting for FE to be released before releasing an updated version with skins for villies, monks, siege, etc.
Showing 1-15 of 167 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50