Arma 3

Discover the best community content
Get the most out of your game with Steam Workshop. Find and install player-created scenarios, or create your own and upload it directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
pergitepergite 1 Sep 14, 2013 @ 12:23pm
Steam workshop mission can't be downloaded (size issue??)
After adding custom music to my mission (3714 kB .ogg file) the mission cannot be downloaded from the workshop in-game. The added music makes the mission file 4008 kB as opposed to 1061 kB without the music.

The mission is fully playable if I export to multiplayer missions on my own client. But when published on Steam Workshop, the user who is subscribing to the mission will get an error saying "Failed to download Steam content, please try again." in-game.

A problem which I suspect is in essence the same as mine has also been reported at this Arma3 feedback thread http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14440&nbn=4

After realizing this problem I updated the mission cutting out the music and now the mission is fully downloadable and playable from the workshop. So either this is a size issue, or there is some kind of problem with .ogg files specifically when downloading from the workshop.

Looking forward to a fix for this issue since we all love to add some music to set the right atmosphere.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Dwarden  [developer] Sep 14, 2013 @ 6:37pm 
as already explained in the other thread, this might be related to the DEV revert, wait for next DEV update Mon-Wed
pergitepergite 1 Sep 15, 2013 @ 1:13am 
Roger! Thank you for the quick reply!
Dr_Mad_Bonzai Sep 18, 2013 @ 1:28pm 
same problem on stable build can´t download any mission to play, only in DEV workshop works??? why???
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50