Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
Zetnus 43 Sep 3, 2013 @ 12:35pm
Input on the theme for a high stone RMS
I planning a random map script that features a high amount of stone, probably double or triple the normal amount.

Two ideas I have for map themes are:
Stony Shore - A coastal style map with many cliffs and rocks, and possibly a few islands. Probably a lot of grass and dirt and not that many trees
or
Gravel Pit - An arabia or highland style map with cliffs and rocks. The map should look like a massive quarry. Probably a few ponds and a lot of dirt and not all that many trees.

I guess it comes down to whether it should be an all land map, or a map with a fair amount of water too.

Any thoughts?

Feel free to suggest other ideas too :)
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
-Dare Devil/x/ Sep 3, 2013 @ 5:47pm 
-All land map certainly would make it easier with scarse amounts of trees.

-But having some water pathways would certainly be interesting in making people wary of how they spend their wood and the balance between controlling the waters and spending that wood.
Zetnus 43 Sep 4, 2013 @ 10:45am 
Makes sense. I think it will have enough water to make a fleet at least worthwhile considering, but not so much that it is necessary
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 3, 2013 @ 12:35pm