Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
Agurk Bear Sep 2, 2013 @ 8:13am
Is there any way to prolong the wonder victory time in a custom scenario?
Is there any way to prolong the wonder victory time in a custom scenario? I often find 200 years to be too little.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Zetnus 51 Sep 2, 2013 @ 2:18pm 
Sure, you would need a trigger that is activated by owning a wonder. When activated it can then start a timer that will declare victory after a time period you define. You won't see a countdown of the time, unless you tigger additional timers to send chat messages with the countdown time periodically.
Agurk Bear Sep 5, 2013 @ 6:34am 
What trigger condition should I use to activate the trigger when a player owns a wonder? The attribute list in the "Accumulate Attribute" condition doesn't include wonders, only relics etc...
Agurk Bear Sep 5, 2013 @ 6:40am 
Oh, apparently there is a way to acheive this using the "Own Object" condition. I had contemplated that condition as an option before, but for some reason I couldn't find wonder in the object list! Thank you, Zetnus, for your assistance! Wasn't so hard after all :)
Agurk Bear Sep 5, 2013 @ 6:43am 
By the way, do you know if there's a way to make a visible "count-down" without having to make a separate message for every single year?
Zetnus 51 Sep 5, 2013 @ 7:14am 
The own objects condition is the way to go.
I'm afraid I don't know how to do a visible countdown .... hmm
If you set a time limit for your game, that displays a countdown but I don't think you can activate or deactivate that at will, and you want it linked to the wonder not to the game time.
Maybe someone else knows how to do this?
Last edited by Zetnus; Sep 5, 2013 @ 7:15am
sourc0r Sep 5, 2013 @ 11:09am 
There's no visible countdown unfortunately. You could display a message every 50 years or so though, that would be more convenient than displaying one every year.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Sep 2, 2013 @ 8:13am