Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Darth Mopsy Aug 26, 2013 @ 10:24pm
How Greenlight voting works? Need a 'Looks great, but not my sort of game' vote!
Hi all, wonder if someone who knows can answer a few questions for me.

I have quite a few genres in my list and sometimes get games that look great and for which I think 'Wow, that is worthy, but it really isn't my sort of game'.

Does my 'Not interested' vote negatively affect a game in the Greenlight process? I don't want to negatively affect what is objectively potentially a great game but just not to my taste. Is it better to just not vote for them?

I guess I am looking for info on whether the Greenlight process is purely positive (ie only 'I would buy' votes affect, or there is a penalty for getting 'Not interested' votes.

It would be nice if there was 'Looks great, but not my sort of game' category.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
L-r | Canti Aug 26, 2013 @ 10:28pm 
"Not interested" just removes it from your current queue, or stops it appearing in any new queues you make. It doesn't negatively affect the game's ranking.
Satoru Aug 26, 2013 @ 11:01pm 
You can generate new queues. When you do, look fro the option of "Customize your Queue" this will allow you to filter out genres you like. So if MMOs and F2P are not interesting to you, simply uncheck them.
Darth Mopsy Aug 26, 2013 @ 11:12pm 
Thank you for replies! I will go ahead and clear my queue out now without small doubts that I have dropped someone down the Greenlight list with my 'Not interested' vote
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 26, 2013 @ 10:24pm