Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
Chris the Communist Mountain Aug 23, 2013 @ 7:54pm
New Pyro Weapon Idea - The Afterburner (replaces the Flamethrower)
Calling all Pyros out there: have you always wished that your enemy would have died from afterburn as a last parting gift from your fiery rampages after you die, only to have them reach a health pickup or jumping into water? Wait no longer! Introducing The Afterburner: more damage from afterburn spread over a slightly longer period of time gives a grand total of 100 damage JUST FROM AFTERBURN! Even better, enemies will have to suffer from AT LEAST 20 DAMAGE once you burn them! The catch: you'll have to make do with lesser ammo carried, lesser direct fire damage and more fuel used for each compression blast as compared to the Stock.

Positive
+33% Afterburn Damage Bonus
+25% Afterburn Duration

Negative
-25% Maximum Ammo
-20% Direct Fire Damage Penalty
+25% Compression Blast Cost

NOTE: All forms of anti-afterburn will merely reduce it to 2.5 seconds of afterburn (i.e. jumping into water cannot remove afterburn until after 2.5 seconds). Healing will also be prevented while afterburn is active: stepping on a health pickup will reduce afterburn time to 2.5 seconds and the healing will only happen after that, and attaching a Heal Beam from any Medigun/Dispenser/Payload Cart will not heal or take away afterburn until 2.5 seconds later. Buildings will also take 2.5 seconds of afterburn. Afterburn cannot be extinguished once it reaches the last 2.5 seconds. An exception to afterburn removal is the Resupply Locker, which will function as per normal for obvious reasons. The Chargin' Targe will also have 2.5 seconds of afterburn and also the Oktoberfest taunt. The Manmelter will also merely reduce the time of afterburn but can still gain Criticals. Exceptions are the Spy's Spycicle and Dead Ringer, which will be rendered useless if afterburn continues. Other fire-inducing weapons will not change afterburn to normal. I suggest a different form of afterburn animation (yellow flames) and further adding green streaks of fire during the last 2.5 seconds.

TL;DR: Afterburn becomes a major gameplay element with this weapon.
Last edited by Chris the Communist Mountain; Feb 6 @ 12:30am
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Shun 'Kanamee Feb 5 @ 3:23pm 
There is allready a weapon by the name of the afterburner on the workshop, I suggest you show these stats to Neodement.
Last edited by Shun 'Kanamee; Feb 5 @ 3:23pm
Originally posted by WW1 fanatic XD:
There is allready a weapon by the name of the afterburner on the workshop, I suggest you show these stats to Neodement.
Yeah, I know. But at the end of the day it's VALVe who decides the final stats, so there's no point to showing this to him/her.

Or are you saying that s/he's a VALVe employee?
Shun 'Kanamee Feb 9 @ 10:20am 
Originally posted by Electronic Road Pricing:
Originally posted by WW1 fanatic XD:
Yeah, I know. But at the end of the day it's VALVe who decides the final stats, so there's no point to showing this to him/her.

Or are you saying that s/he's a VALVe employee?
Not excactly
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2013 @ 7:54pm