Left 4 Dead 2
Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
Roachbait Aug 17, 2013 @ 9:57am
VPKs colliding in my add-ons...what the hell?
I mean...c'mon guys this is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥....I subscribed to the campaigns, since the last update none of the multiple map sets will run now.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Mariesrocks Aug 18, 2013 @ 10:31am 
yeah that keeps happening to me with deathcraft,suicide blitz and back 2 school
i dont know why they are not working and its getting annoying
Fridge LargeMeat 2 Aug 18, 2013 @ 4:40pm 
Originally posted by professorcoconut:
i dont know why they are not working and its getting annoying:tank:
Deathcraft II is notorious for breaking other custom campaigns. I hear it's wise to keep Deathcraft disabled unless you actually want to play it.
Mariesrocks Aug 19, 2013 @ 6:35am 
ok thanks for the info but i just dont understand why all my campaigns are doing it and its making my game crash consatantly

Originally posted by Those Dirty Blues:
i dont know why they are not working and its getting annoying
Deathcraft II is notorious for breaking other custom campaigns. I hear it's wise to keep Deathcraft disabled unless you actually want to play it.
Fridge LargeMeat 2 Aug 19, 2013 @ 12:20pm 
ok thanks for the info but i just dont understand why all my campaigns are doing it and its making my game crash constantly
I believe it has something to do with the EMS/latest update. I hear the fix for this is to try having only one addon map/campaign active at one time. I have not tested this.
Mariesrocks Aug 20, 2013 @ 6:40pm 
Originally posted by Those Dirty Blues:
ok thanks for the info but i just dont understand why all my campaigns are doing it and its making my game crash constantly
I believe it has something to do with the EMS/latest update. I hear the fix for this is to try having only one addon map/campaign active at one time. I have not tested this.
i have tried this after reading it but still no help but thanks for the suggestion
Ultraelectromagnetic Catblender Aug 21, 2013 @ 7:20am 
Yeah, it's definitely not Deathcraft. I don't have that installed when the following happened a few days ago:

*All the .vpk's in the workshop folder deleted and started to redownload themselves.
*The multi-vpk campaign started complaining about conflicts, namely with their mission files.

Upon further inspection, I noticed that the multi-vpk campaigns only have a single mission file each, so I concluded that the game was being paranoid over nothing. As long as any two vpk's from the same campaign are enabled, they would turn red for file conflict.

Beside L4D2/Workshop randomly deleting and redownloading my subscribed stuff, this is one of the most frustrating workshop woes I've experienced, right next to the downloads being completed prematurely. :/
Roachbait Aug 21, 2013 @ 11:15am 
ok...thanks catblender...that sorta clears it up...not the first time I've had to deal with valve related issues for d/l's...updates for half-life used to take like nine hours on dial-up connections, and they would have one every two days, and if you missed one...it took twice as long...it would be better if the people that made maps would just make them all one file, with a single Pak file to cover problems like this...at least, that's what I learned years ago with worldcraft...
Fridge LargeMeat 2 Aug 21, 2013 @ 12:35pm 
Originally posted by Roachbait:
ok...thanks catblender...that sorta clears it up...not the first time I've had to deal with valve related issues for d/l's...updates for half-life used to take like nine hours on dial-up connections, and they would have one every two days, and if you missed one...it took twice as long...it would be better if the people that made maps would just make them all one file, with a single Pak file to cover problems like this...at least, that's what I learned years ago with worldcraft...
Workshop file size limitations make a single campaign download difficult. I personally manually install whole campaigns from L4DMaps, I'd suggest learning to do that.
Ultraelectromagnetic Catblender Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:47pm 
Yeah, I've decided to go back to l4dmaps.com instead of using the workshop. Right now, it's being more frustrating than helpful to me. Not to mention that I can't even use the workshop addons when I'm in offline mode without having to move the .vpk's to the main addon folder.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2013 @ 9:57am