Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
Zetnus 43 Aug 14, 2013 @ 2:21pm
Various mods not visable in the workshop yet still public and reachable by direct link.
Over the last few days, I observed that mods that used to visible in the Workshop suddenly did not appear in searches anymore. I first noticed this for my own random map scripts Deadwood Forest and Zworld RMS Beta. Just now, I found that Wet Woods (a popular RMS by someone else) did not turn up in the random map scripts in the Workshop either.
Yet these mods are all still public and can be reached by looking at the content submissions of the author, or if you have a direct link.

Is this just my version of steam, or can anyone else confirm this issue?
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Ozhara 184 Aug 14, 2013 @ 9:24pm 
This happened now 5+ times over the last weeks/months.

To get your mods back visible, there are two ways:

1) Someone clicks on a link to the mod (think it also works if you open that mod through the most rated ever list, but not sure about that)
2) You change their visibility to hidden and back

Seems when this happens the workshop is set back to an older date, and every mod published with a newer one, is still visible in the most rated ever list, but has no entry any more in the other lists. By changing the visibility or direct clicking on a link to that mod, the workshop kind of rememers that mod.
Weird sideeffect, I realized 1 or 2 times some ratings were lost (think I saw a mod that lost over 25). But not all rating that were lost were out of the vanished time frame, other rating that were, didn't vanish. Some mods weren't affected by this at all.

The first time this happened, the workshop was completelly empty / lost about 30 pages of mods.... so it's getting 'better'....
Last edited by Ozhara; Aug 14, 2013 @ 10:20pm
Zetnus 43 Aug 15, 2013 @ 2:51pm 
Thanks for the information,

Method 2, changeing the visibility to hidden and back seems to works, although it did not take effect immediatly. The mods I was looking at were missing from the top rated list as well (actually they were missing from every list: most recent, all time highest rated, most pouplar this week and from and a search for the name of the mod).
I did not try clicking on a link, so I don't know if that would have worked.

Of course, only the author can change the visibility and fix their own mods, and many won't be aware of this issue ... sigh...

let's hope it keeps getting "better"

Zetnus 43 Aug 23, 2013 @ 12:42am 
It just happend again ... -_-
Ozhara 184 Aug 23, 2013 @ 1:41am 
Second time in 7 days... seems it's getting worse, beside only 2 sides vanished.
Luckily this time none of my mods was affected.

But they should really work on that thing!
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2013 @ 2:21pm