Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
kingsofkings101 Jul 23, 2013 @ 7:17pm
lets built a new left 4 dead game
how about everyone on here pitches in and make a whole new left 4 dead. i cant figure the work shop out for nothing but like the maps people have already made let see if we cant make them fit together and make a whole new game idea and see if vavle takes notice to build a new left 4 dead game any ideas on this matter???????
Last edited by kingsofkings101; Jul 23, 2013 @ 7:18pm
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Super Saiyan God Goku Jul 23, 2013 @ 7:28pm 
sounds awesome but would require us to gather the games original code and modify the code witch would be extrememly hard
kingsofkings101 Jul 23, 2013 @ 8:46pm 
i know it would be hard to do but think about it if we can piece some of them together we might be on to something cuz i think it would epic to do
Hawkeyesniper45 #Nick4Life Jul 25, 2013 @ 5:09pm 
I have a friend who knows the developer for murder miners, maybe he can help.
kingsofkings101 Jul 25, 2013 @ 7:56pm 
thats awesome it would be sick to do
President Funny Valentine 2 Jul 27, 2013 @ 3:08pm 
Originally posted by "kingsofkings101":
how about everyone on here pitches in and make a whole new left 4 dead. i cant figure the work shop out for nothing but like the maps people have already made let see if we cant make them fit together and make a whole new game idea and see if vavle takes notice to build a new left 4 dead game any ideas on this matter???????
If you can't work with the workshop, you probably don't have the technical prowess to contribute to a project like this. Nobody likes an ideas guy.
Also, you can't just take other people's maps and repackage them as a new game. Especially if you add new infected and new mechanics. If you did something like that, you would need to redo the maps so as to accommodate these mechanics.

Originally posted by aaaoakley:
sounds awesome but would require us to gather the games original code and modify the code witch would be extrememly hard
Programs aren't like LEGO sets. You can't just take the finished product apart and add whatever you want; Plus, Valve doesn't just give out the source code to their games, except in very, very special circumstances.

Originally posted by kingsofkings101:
i know it would be hard to do but think about it if we can piece some of them together we might be on to something cuz i think it would epic to do
What the hell is wrong with your English?
kingsofkings101 Jul 28, 2013 @ 10:59am 
dude i dont have to do the work my brother in law is a computer nerd from hell u wouldnt need a code if u link them together ur own way and my english nothing wrong with it everyone uses slang if ur from america u would know this by lmao for real no one uses proper english no more most stuff is for the birds but who am i to judge and everything starts with an idea how do u think u were born planed idea or accident either way ur in ur own little world aint cha i dont hate i just call it like i can see it in reality most things that go on in life comes from ideas just asswholes and opioins everyones got one lol dont get mad just think
[SOR] XxZIOIMIBIExX ®™ Jul 28, 2013 @ 11:22pm 
dude i dont have to do the work my brother in law is a computer nerd from hell u wouldnt need a code if u link them together ur own way and my english nothing wrong with it everyone uses slang if ur from america u would know this by lmao for real no one uses proper english no more most stuff is for the birds but who am i to judge and everything starts with an idea how do u think u were born planed idea or accident either way ur in ur own little world aint cha i dont hate i just call it like i can see it in reality most things that go on in life comes from ideas just asswholes and opioins everyones got one lol dont get mad just think
i can tell you really have no clue how the source engine works..... like were talking AT ALL here.....notta clue....
President Funny Valentine 2 Aug 5, 2013 @ 11:24am 
dude i dont have to do the work my brother in law is a computer nerd from hell u wouldnt need a code if u link them together ur own way
If that's really what you think, it's obvious you've never made a game before. It is absolutely NOT possible to just "link them together". I have developed my own games from scratch. I've never worked with the Source engine, and still I can tell you this much; it is impossible to add new special infected without Valve's code. You can make maps, models, sounds, etc, but you can't do anything special without Valve's code.

my english nothing wrong with it everyone uses slang if ur from america u would know this by lmao for real no one uses proper english no more
Most grown adults on the internet type properly.

most stuff is for the birds but who am i to judge and everything starts with an idea how do u think u were born planed idea or accident either way ur in ur own little world aint cha
You can't compare making babies to making video games. It's okay to have ideas, but nobody likes an ideas guy. If you can't help out with the project, you need to GET out.

i dont hate i just call it like i can see it in reality most things that go on in life comes from ideas just asswholes and opioins everyones got one lol dont get mad just think
You need to start thinking yourself. You are severely lacking in ability to think critically.
Last edited by President Funny Valentine; Aug 6, 2013 @ 8:32am
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 23, 2013 @ 7:17pm