Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
[AnimeRP] Purple Heart 2 Jul 17, 2013 @ 9:32pm
Not able to get custom name working.
I think it's not working because my addon is at the bottom of my list of downloaded addons, is there any way I could prioritize the addon and make it first? If i put it in my addons manually, the name change works. But when I use the workshop one, the name change doesn't work. How do I fix this?
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Gimmeh Jibbs! 4 Jul 17, 2013 @ 11:03pm 
Name changes are touchy. I don't know which script they use, but as a general rule, any name change does not work with any other name change, and the one with higher priority will override all others.
To manually change priority you have to edit the addonlist.txt found in the left4dead2 folder, any mod eariler on the list has higher priority.
[AnimeRP] Purple Heart 2 Jul 17, 2013 @ 11:05pm 
Well that sucks, but i'll change the addons in the addon.txt . thanks.
Gimmeh Jibbs! 4 Jul 18, 2013 @ 12:08am 
As a correction, any name change set will not work with any other name change set. Since most name changes are packaged with an individual character mod, it's almost a moot distinction. However, if you change every character's name in just one mod, using whatever file or script it is, that should work.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jul 17, 2013 @ 9:32pm