Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
W13 2 Jul 8, 2013 @ 6:52am
Better AI?
Is there any way to improve the AI? It's so predictable and fails at many things such as when the game goes on too long. I need a less predictable AI that I can play at any difficulty level.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Play a human lol.
ModPositive 17 Jul 8, 2013 @ 9:32pm 
Yes, download custom AIs from www.aok.heavengames.com. They are much stronger than the originals. Here is a link to some of the strongest oldschool and newschool AIs out there:

http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=11465

"This is the AI pack for the 2012 Old vs. New AI Tournament, containing some of the best AIs ever created. Here are the AIs that it contains:

AllianceThundaEmpire
ARFFI De'gel
Barbarian
Boss
Chameleon
CPS Alexander
Crusade
Goose
IS Machine
Kosmos
Lade
Mexico
Saiyan
Snake
Standard AI
The Dragon
The Duke
The Horde
VNS Caesar
Zycat"

-Leif Ericson
the_old_moloko Jul 14, 2013 @ 8:57am 
that's great, thanks for posting the link. Is there any way of knowing the "personality" of each of this... i.e. who will rush and who will boom? just a general description would be perfect
7788 Jul 15, 2013 @ 7:19am 
OH, really really thanks
W13 2 Jan 28 @ 3:22am 
Thanks known2own4sho.

I prefer to play AI's that don't necessarily rush but manage to play strategically after about half an hour (usually when the default AI fails). The AI needs to be able to economically stay viable in the face of diminishing resources and change the strategy as needed.
This thread is from 2013 and the standard "AI" has been replaced since then. It will also have a MUCH better late game economy than the "Original AI" (since you mentioned that) so try it out if you haven't yet. If you just want more diversity in your AI games check the workshop, there are some decent AIs there!
(RUS) Сомневаюсь в качественности AI 2012 года. Недавно купил AoE2HD, так здесь AI значительно отличается от оригинального. Я, конечно, лет 10 не играл, но раньше куда проще было. Теперь же AI научился более качественному подбору войск, отступать и воевать. К тому же новый AI значительно сильнее. Если же хочется усложнить, то достаточно против себя поставить несколько AI, выставить макс.сложность и открытую карту.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 15 30 50