SaNi Jul 6, 2013 @ 6:30am
No Thumbnail Picture
Hello

I wonder why i can't get a thumbnail picture on my workshop items no matter what i do. I see them on every other mod, but it won't work on mine. Any ideas?
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Jul 6, 2013 @ 6:33am 
When you upload your mod from the creation kit, there was an option to add an image
SaNi Jul 6, 2013 @ 6:42am 
Well, i uploaded it from in-game and i don't have that Creation Kit and can't install it
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Jul 6, 2013 @ 6:45am 
Oh I think I know what you mean, forgive me...Hmm, was there not an option in the uploader to include an image? Perhaps make a suggestion to Valve to design an image feature for games that do not support an image maybe...

Community>Discussions>suggestions/ideas. Start a new discussion.
Last edited by [KL] Master Dan [StormCats]; Jul 6, 2013 @ 6:46am
incredibleHAL Apr 2 @ 3:03pm 
I'm having the same problem with Space Engineers. I uploaded from in game also. You'd think they would just use the first of your uploaded screenshots. Anyway, most of the other Space Engineers workshop items have thumbnails, so I know it's possible. SaNi have you figured this out since you first posted about it last summer?
When you upload your plug-in, there is an upload window that appears for you to insert the relevant data, there is a button there to add an image to the thumbnail. top left-ish of theupload window. It requires you to select an image from your computer files, so think about editing a screenshot or something and save those images to a desktop folder or wherever's convenient, then use that file path to select the image for your thumbnail.

Actually, I do not know if this is true with other games than the Creation Kit tool for Bethesda's games.. hopefully there should be something like I described. If not mention it here and I'll stand corrected :)
Last edited by [KL] Master Dan [StormCats]; Apr 2 @ 8:08pm
incredibleHAL Apr 3 @ 7:11am 
I actually think the reason there is no easy fix is that it is different for different games. There is some info on how to fix this for Space Engineers but it looks like it's going to be more trouble than it's worth. I'm really hoping Steam will come up with a way for you to simply edit the workshop thumbnails.
eleVen Apr 3 @ 8:04am 
473угнкгек
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 6, 2013 @ 6:30am