Age of Empires II (2013)
Переход в паровую эпоху
Исследуйте новые карты, сценарии для нескольких игроков и кампании, созданные пользователями. Или освежите впечатления от игры с помощью новых звуков, графики, искусственного интеллекта и многого другого! Готовы поделиться своими творениями со всем миром? Загружайте их прямо из редактора карт или создайте вместе с друзьями коллекцию настоящих шедевров.
How Do You Make Retextures for AOE II: HD Edition?
So I want to make some rextures to give a dragon to the game for a Saint George and the Dragon campaign and stuff. How do you make a mod that gives a dragon to the game? I was thinking a retexture of the siege engine that shoots fire arrows or for a water dragon, a retexture of that spikey war ship from the Koreans or something. (Don't mean to sound racist, sorry about that) So I hate sounding like a noob but how do you do retextures for this stuff or whatever it's called?

Many thanks in advance!
< >
Сообщения 11 из 1
Every unit graphics are implemented in the graphics.drs file in your data folder.

To open that file you need a tool like Turtle Pack.
Each entry in the graphics.drs is an slp file, containing several bitmaps.
Each unit has 5 or more animations each beeing represented by such an slp file.

You can extract the slp files using Turtle Pack from the graphics.drs and also the bmps.
After changing the bmps, you have to convert them to the AoE color palette (this also can be done with Turtle Pack).
Now you can replace the bmps contained in the slp file.

For replacing the slp file, you can replace the one contained in the graphic.drs or rename the slp from its ID to it LongName, that can be found in the games dat file for example.
If you want to rename the slp, just put it in your slp folder and if you named it correctly it will replace that file out of the graphics.drs automatically.

If you want to replce a unit, think of the player color, as that has to have specific ones out of the palette so the game can recognize it correctly.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.^^ Hope this helps if it should be needed anymore.
< >
Сообщения 11 из 1
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Дата создания: 22 июн. 2013 г. в 12:34