Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Pay2Win Jan 2, 2013 @ 9:36am
Would you buy a Greenlight game?
Would you?
Last edited by Pay2Win; Aug 12, 2013 @ 3:18pm
Showing 1-15 of 797 comments
< >
Tenshi ばか Jan 2, 2013 @ 9:38am 
not me, im not even fan of indie games...
Tangerine Dream Jan 2, 2013 @ 9:39am 
If the game is very good, sure.
SteventheSlayer Jan 2, 2013 @ 9:41am 
Not buying a game because it's from greenlight is stupid.
You do realize that greenlight replaced Steam's submission system right?
Unless they already have a game on Steam, the only way for a developer, indie or not, to get his game on Steam is through greenlight.

Also, lumping all games into a "bad" catagory because of two beta games and a just plain bad game seems a bit stupid by itself.

Oh and by the way, you know the whole War Z scandle?
Did you know that was a game that was able to bypass greenlight because the devs already had a game on Steam?
In other words, bad games come from everywhere, just like good games do.
Last edited by SteventheSlayer; Jan 2, 2013 @ 9:43am
Keonyn Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:15am 
Seriously? Oh, because it wasn't made by some farm of faceless development staff at some giant development studio then it must not be good. You realize that most game companies and studios started this way right? You also realize that a lot of what is released by the larger studios is only released as a publisher and originally came from these same smaller studios right?

Not only would I buy a Greenlit game, I already have as I purchased Giana Sisters and it has proven to be a very well made and enjoyable game. Dismissing games just because they're "indie" is incredibly closed-minded since an indie game can be from any genre and can be any type of game. Immediately assuming it is bad because it didn't come from one of the big studios seems like a pretty awful way to approach it.
solanoir Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:23am 
Well, maybe you should go to the greenlight section and look at some games. There are tons of trash, but also few very good, fresh ideas. I voted for those games and would certainly by them if they'll appear on Steam.
Last edited by solanoir; Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:23am
Thordred Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:26am 
Bought some games from Greenlight, some that are greenlit and released on Steam (Primordia, AirBuccaneers), some that aren't released yet (Kenshi), even some that aren't even greenlit (Leisure Suit Larry, Drakensang: River of Time, Black Mirror 1+2, Fester Mudd, Driftmoon, Underrail, Venetica).

So far I'm happy with my purchases.

Greenlight isn't just for Indie Developers, big publishers like dtp entertainment have to go through Greenlight too.
Pay2Win Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:31am 
It's like saying that movies made in 2012 are not better than the old ones from the 80's and 90's. Why would I wanna watch old movies without any special effects, poor sound, and poor acting? Nowadays you go to the well-established movie makers who make quality movies and they can even make them 3D in theaters.
Charlie Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:44am 
i think greenlight is a good way to let the dev show their original work to players. we can have a chance to decide. it is like community vote. I would like to see some casual games and side scroller games from greenlight going onto steam. but personally, I don't like the what is going on greenlight. there are too many bad retro games and games with bad quality on greenlight.
I am not to say, if the dev is a small group of people, the game they made is bad. I don't care how many people are working on a game. for example, tiny wings on IOS, I have heard that the developer is only one guy, but the game is really awesome and fun. I just want to play some nice games which have high quality. so if the game itself is good, no matter it is from greenlight or some kind else, I would buy and support it
Thordred Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:47am 
Originally posted by My_Family_Is_Starving:
It's like saying that movies made in 2012 are not better than the old ones from the 80's and 90's. Why would I wanna watch old movies without any special effects, poor sound, and poor acting? Nowadays you go to the well-established movie makers who make quality movies and they can even make them 3D in theaters.

Movies from 2012 are not better than movies from the 80's or 90's. Good and bad movies have been made at all times, same applies to music, novels, video games and all kinds of entertainment.

Apart from that I fail to see what your nonsensical statement has to do with Greenlight.
Last edited by Thordred; Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:49am
SteventheSlayer Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:49am 
Originally posted by My_Family_Is_Starving:
One, it's not really like that at all, as there are new and old games on both Steam and greenlight.
Two, judging a movie by when it's made is a bad idea.
Last edited by SteventheSlayer; Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:49am
Sloppy Seconds Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:49am 
Yes, Giana Sisters, no regrets. It's all about the game.
2point4 Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:52am 
Originally posted by steventheslayer:
Unless they already have a game on Steam, the only way for a developer, indie or not, to get his game on Steam is through greenlight.
No, it didn't. And no, it isn't.
Thordred Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:56am 
Originally posted by 2point4:

You're ill-informed.

Q: "Who should submit their games to Steam Greenlight? Is there another way to submit my game to Steam?"
A: "Steam Greenlight has replaced our previous submission process. Any developer or publisher who is new to Steam and interested in submitting their game to the platform should submit their game through Steam Greenlight."

(turns out that even some devs and publishers who already had games released on Steam before Greenlight have to go through the Greenlight process)
Last edited by Thordred; Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:57am
SteventheSlayer Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:58am 
Originally posted by Thordred:
Originally posted by 2point4:

You're ill-informed.

Q: "Who should submit their games to Steam Greenlight? Is there another way to submit my game to Steam?"
A: "Steam Greenlight has replaced our previous submission process. Any developer or publisher who is new to Steam and interested in submitting their game to the platform should submit their game through Steam Greenlight."
^This.

2point4 perhaps try reading up a little more on the subject?
Mathew9R[9RG][H7] Jan 2, 2013 @ 10:59am 
I got "Miner Wars" and I got to say, This game is quite good :)

Don't be scared to buy any Indie games, They turn out to be great titles half the time.
Showing 1-15 of 797 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 2, 2013 @ 9:36am