Agent-1138[GB] Mar 12, 2013 @ 11:44am
Issues with the Steam Workshop
So I have used the Workshop for these games:
Counter Strike GO
Red Orchestra 2
Left 4 Dead 2

In each one of these, I have subscribed to the content, and had it download in steam.
Now whenever I launch a game, After downloading the workshop content, it will re-download it in game. All of it, and will re-download all the workshop content each time I open the game again.
I have tried unsubscribing from all content and resubscribing to them again, this does not fix the problem.

Does anyone know of a possible fix, or if Steam will try to fix this problem.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
nicholasgorman5000 Mar 13, 2013 @ 4:12pm 
My friend has the same problem with left 4 dead 2
Alden Mar 14, 2013 @ 4:21pm 
If you are subscribed to files that are getting updated frequently, you may see them all download again if a newer version has been posted. Like games on Steam, the mods will automatically download the latest version if the author has updated.

If you look at the mod page for anything you are subscribed to, you can see "updated" date. Can you see if you are actually re-downloading mods that haven't been updated?
Agent-1138[GB] Mar 14, 2013 @ 8:14pm 
I am certain that I am re-downloading mods that haven't been updated.
1. I subscribe to mod
2. I watch it download out of game in steam
3. Launch game, lets say l4d2, no mods appear, after a few secs of loading, it begins to download certain mods again in game.

Unless im miskaing the loading bar with the mod name above it for installing the mod rather than downloading it.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2013 @ 11:44am