Dota 2
Create or find the best new items
Create and submit new items (such as armor, weapons, clothing, Couriers, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Or help identify the best by rating up your favorites. Submission Guidelines
System's enemy Mar 5, 2013 @ 8:24am
How to get .mdl?
Hello. Can you tell me how to get my model into .mdl file? The dota workshop guide says they need .smd - ok I can work with it. But the game only allows that .mdl models. I can't realy find how to operate with this files and what I realy need for it.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
{t}: scry 1 17 Mar 8, 2013 @ 5:35am 
Depending on what kind of object you create you can either use the Ingame Importer which works with .fbx or .smd files and then automatically compiles those into .mdl, or use Studiomdl to compile your Textures and Models to .mdl files.
System's enemy Mar 8, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
Hm, I was confused about model preview in the game. I thought to preview I need to go workshop -> publish new item -> preview created model, that requires only .mdl. But, how I found, I need just open different dialog (directly publishing items), that has preview in next step. I was scared to try it, I thought, the item will be send immediately, heh.
Thank you
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 5, 2013 @ 8:24am